Last updated on October 18th, 2016 at 02:23 am
Results Measurement Specialist – Multiple locations
Results Measurement Specialist positions may be located in Washington, DC or one of IFC’s regional offices (such as Hong Kong, Singapore, Delhi, Dubai, Istanbul, Johannesburg, Dakar, Nairobi, Sao Paulo, or Mexico City).
August 7, 2016: Applications due
End of July – September 2016: Review applications and update application status to candidates
August – September 2016: Contact all shortlisted candidates and conduct interviews in Washington, D.C. and locations in Africa
At least 5 to 7 years of relevant experience + advanced degree
The Development Impact group plays a critical role in the success of IFC’s mission. Staff in the group, located across the institution assist IFC to, measure, monitor, and evaluate our operations and their results; develop methodologies to support these functions; and set global standards for measurement and evaluation. In addition, group staff ensure that results, lessons and evidence continuously inform strategy, operations and incentives across the organization, supporting the alignment of IFC’s intended and actual impact and the achievement of IFC’s mission.
The Development Impact group is on the look to hire Results Measurement Specialists who partner with the operations teams to design programs and projects and to track, monitor and report on their results.
Results Measurement Specialists are typically responsible to ensure consistent application of standard M&E frameworks/indicators, help staff incorporate lessons into project design, contribute to regional and donor strategies, and promote the region’s contributions to IFC’s development goals (IDGs). They also provide technical support and program quality leadership to donor funded Facilities and collaborate closely with the country and industry managers and staff – Economists and Strategists, portfolio managers, and the Investment Officers to ensure that we provide expertise, advice and help measure and report on our development impact in meaningful ways, and enable operational learning through our assessments.
This is a strategic support and implementation role focused on monitoring the quality of programs and project-specific results measurement work and advising operations staff on best practices.
Specifically, the incumbent will support:
Development, oversight and coordination of Results Measurement Frameworks
- Incorporate, adjust and ensure the best use of the appropriate results measurement frameworks into investments and advisory projects design and implementation.
- Work with project teams to ensure consistent understanding and application of standard results measurement frameworks and methods throughout the AS project lifecycle.
- Provide technical oversight to program reviews and surveys to assess implementation against results.
- Provide M&E inputs to donor proposals, and support regular reporting of results to donor programs.
Data quality assurance and reporting of results
- Monitor data quality on results reporting and improve it as needed for Advisory and Investment operations. This includes ensuring good quality results reporting in project documents and DOTS ratings, with appropriate evidentiary support and working with project teams to resolve problems.
- Collate and verify information for the IFC’s Development Goals (IDGs) and support the implementation of target setting for the IDGs.
- Analyze results reports to provide feedback and enhance results measurement frameworks for future use.
Evaluation and business analytics
- Design, commission and conduct evaluations for enabling a better understanding of impact of specific programs and investments/advisory projects.
- Working with clients and group colleagues develop analytics to improve insights and best practices, and to create value for clients.
- Disseminate regional evaluation findings with the RM Network and to operations colleagues.
- Generate evaluation lessons and analytics to assess and report on development impact.
Results training and capacity development
- Train regional management and staff on results measurement related to the area of focus
- Develop client capacity for results measurement in the area of focus as appropriate.
- Advanced degree in Finance, economics, or other relevant degree.
- At least 5 to 7 years of relevant experience with private sector operations, in the areas of evaluation and social research, results measurement and/or project management with international financial institutions.
- Experience with business analytics and results measurement methods, including, survey design and implementation, and experimental and non-experimental evaluation designs. Training or certification in monitoring and/or evaluations is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience in working on one /more sectors of interest to IFC and/or in applying M&E practices in one or more sectors of interest to IFC in private sector operations.
- English language fluency a must
- Knowledge of Specialized technologies, software, databases and systems, especially as they relate to management information systems.