The launch of Apple’s iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max and iPhone XR last week (September 12, 2018) at the Steve Jobs Theater.
It was done at the company’s Apple Park campus in Cupertino set the mobile world agog, and the question on the mind of Apple’s new flagship right now is: How can I preorder?
In the US, UK and Australia, preorders for the iPhone XS and XS Max began on Friday, Sept. 14, and going to be on sale next Friday, Sept. 21.
Well, the good news is that you can preorder two of the Apple’s new flaship: iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max by the end of this month in Nigeria (September, 2018).
Let’s take quick look into features of the new products
The new Apple flagships are great, but according to the company, two of its new products (iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max) have similarities.
A critical look at the specs show that both iPhones products are the same phone in two different sizes.
While iPhone XS has a 5.8-inch screen, the iPhone XS Max has a 6.5-inch screen.
iPhone XS VS iPhone XS Max Specs
- Two sizes: 5.8-inch (458 ppi) and 6.5-inch (458 ppi), with OLED HDR screen (Super Retina displays)
- Colors: Gold, silver and space gray finishes
- Dual camera: 12-megapixel wide and telephoto lenses
- Front-facing cameras: 7-megapixel camera will bring depth to portrait mode photos
- A12 Bionic chip: 7-nanometer processor promises to launch apps 30 percent faster than 2017 iPhones
- Storage options: 64GB, 128GB, 512GB
- IP68 water-resistance rating (2 meters depth; up to 30 minutes in water)
- Battery life: iPhone XS should last 30 minutes longer than iPhone X; iPhone XS Max claims 1.5 hours longer than the iPhone X
- Dual-SIM card support through eSIM technology
- Face ID promises to work faster at unlocking the phones
- 3D Touch pressure-sensitivite screen
- Stereo sound with a wider stereo field than 2017 iPhones
- iOS 12 software
- Improved water-resistance that will let your iPhone take a dip for up to 30 minutes.
iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max Camera similarities
The iPhone XS and XS Max cameras may share the same specs, but Apple promised its “rich” customers around the world that they would get more from the camera than they did with the iPhone X, thanks to the power of the A12 Bionic chip inside.
What’s unique about its camera?
Well, it does the unique things: the camera’s algorithms detect people’s faces and bodies, and kick into instant red-eye reduction. Smart HDR can identify highlights and find shadow detail, and lots more.
iPhone XR specs:
- 1-inch LCD screen with 1,792×828-pixel resolution and 326ppi (Retina display)
- Aluminum body with glass back
- Single camera: 12-megapixel wide-angle lens, with OIS (same as iPhone XS)
- Storage options: 64GB, 128GB, 256GB
- Portrait mode photos through software
- FaceID with same True-Depth camera system as iPhone XS
- A12 Bionic chip
- Battery life claim: 1.5 hours more per day than the iPhone 8 Plus
- IP67 water resistance
- No 3D Touch on iPhone XR. Instead, you get haptic touch, like a trackpad
- iOS 12 software
- Colors: Blue, coral (pink), yellow, white, black, Product Red
- Price: Starts at $749 (AU$1,229)
iPhone XS price in Nigeria
Products of this nature are firstly found in the first tier countries UK, US, but the good news is that there are Apple’s approved sales points in Nigeria.
So how much is iPhone XS?
Price is dependent on its storage, check it out below
United States: iPhone XS 64GB goes for $999, while the 512GB costs $1,349
Australia: It 64GB costs AU$1,629
How much is iPhone XS going to cost in Nigeria?
Apple’s products have always been the most expensive smartphones, laptops and computers in Nigeria.
The cost of its products is gradually becoming its identity, it isn’t available now but InfomediaNG is looking forward to see:
The 64GB of iPhone XS using today’s dollar to Naira exchange rate wouldn’t probably go for nothing less than N363, 000
While you should be ready to cough out N489, 000 or more for the 512GB of iPhone XS
If you think that price is enough to start a small scale business, then you may want to check prices of other products.
How much is iPhone XS Max?
According to Apple, its XS Max
64GB will cost $1,099
256GB will go for $1,249
512GB will cost $1,449
So how much does this translate to in Nigerian Naira?
64GB will cost N398,387.50
256GB will go for N452,762.50
512GB will cost N525,262.50
Apple iPhone XR price in Nigeria
64GB is just $749 (N271,512.50)
128GB is simply $799 (N289,637.50)
And 256GB is as cheap as the rest, it costs only $899 (N325,887.50)
For the UK and US residents, you will be able to use Apple’s iPhone Upgrade Program for all the new iPhone models, it ranges from $37.41 a month or 41.45 pounds a month for the 64GB iPhone XR to $68.66 a month or 78.95 Pounds a month for the 512GB iPhone XS Max.
How to preorder the iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max and iPhone XR in Nigeria
There are accredited Apple’s products sales points in Nigeria where you can preorder and buy the latest iPhones
InfomediaNG final thoughts:
We hope to see Apple regain its former No. 2 position after Chinese brand Huawei pushed it to the third place in the last quarter.
At the moment, Samsung remains world’s largest phone maker.
For the iPhone XR preorders begin Oct. 19 and it goes on sale Oct. 26, before this time the iPhone XS and XS Max would have been available in Nigeria for sales.