When the government of the APC-led government launched P-YES, it’s meant to fight and reduce unemployment among Nigerian youth by creating at least 774, 000 opportunities just like N-Power, but it has clear goals different from N-Power
What is P-YES
It is the Presidential Youth Empowerment Scheme (P-YES) meant to give give close to a million Nigerian youths empowerment opportunities.
Goals of P-YES
- To train and empower youth to have the capacity to empower at least on other youth within his/her immediate community.
- To create wealth among the growing youth population in Nigeria.
- To empower the youth in such a way that they will be financially independent. This is believed that when youths are financially independent, the scourge of crimes and other social vices will reduce.
- It is also meant to enhance production, productivity and value addition for new and existing urban and rural entrepreneurs across the 774 Local Government Areas in Nigeria on a sustainable basis.
- Above all, P-YES is designed to integrate make sure the youth becomes one of the major stakeholders in the Economic Diversification policy of the Federal Government, thereby contributing to GDP growth through the development of Micro, Small and Medium Scale Enterprises (MSMEs).
When is P-YES application portal opening?
At the time of filing this report, the application which was predominately online has come to a close and the applicants will be contacted soon.
When application was on, requirements for P-YES include:
- Ability and capacity to learn and be teachable.
- Ability to read and write
- Must be a Nigeria between 18 and 40 years of age.
- Applicant must have, at least, one valid means of identification (National Identity card, International Passport, Permanent Voters Card- PVC).
- Applicant must provide a Second Level Beneficiary (SLB) to qualify for benefitting from the scheme.
- Ability to communicate in Basic English language and or any local Nigerian language.
- Ability to secure the endorsement of a local government official.
- Beneficiary should posses the capacity to transfer knowledge and mentor pairs within their communities.
- Applicants Must P-YES Complete a guarantor’s form.
Screening exercise for P-YES Applicants
If you applied when the portal was opened you will be contacted soon. An unconfirmed report says applicants will soon be contacted with a congratulatory message with the venue, date and time of screening via the e-mail addressed used during registration.
What can I do now?
The report also said that applicants can log in to P-YES portal to access and print-out their invitation letter.
With this notice, applicants are also advised to check their respective email address frequently for details on the physical screening and document verification exercise.
Note: Please note that the Federal Government of Nigeria will never ask you to pay anything to get shortlisted. Successful candidates are to report to their various states screening centres with the following items:
Requirements for P-YES screening
- Birth Certificate
- Originals of your Credentials.
- Print out of Invitation Letter
- Attestation of Local Government Area Form
- Letter of Attestation of Good Character
- Attestation of Parent/Guardian Consent Form
- Writing Materials (for aptitude test).
- Print out of Application Confirmation slip with ID number.
- A valid means of identification (National I.D, Drivers License, Voters Card or International Passport)
The Presidential Youth Empowerment Programme certificate verification and screening exercise will take place in all the 36 States including the Federal Capital Territory.
Questions and Answers on P-YES application
I applied but I’ve not gotten email, what can I do?
In a situation whereby you can not get P-YES email, please check your SPAM folder.
What is P-YES Application portal?
The official application portal of P-YES is https://www.p-yes.gov.ng
How true is P-YES?
It’s a genuine programme of the APC-led government. See below the office of the programme below:
Office of the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Youth and Student Affairs.
5th floor, Wing B Phase 1,
Federal Secretatiat Complex,
Central Business District,
Phone Number: +234 (0) 809 722 2226
They are also available on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. If you need their official social media handles we will drop it.
Do you have more questions?
You’re free to ask and we will get on it.