Last updated on May 1st, 2019 at 10:53 pm
Finland is an European country with a population of about 5.5 million people and has Helsinki as its capital. In this post we’ll give you tips on how to obtain business visa to Finland
The country is located in the area known as Scandinavia and is a nice tourist destination. Apart from being rich in tourism, Finland is also a country with a fantastic economy and opportunities.
To enter Finland with a Nigerian passport, you must obtain a visa. This article will shed some light on some necessary things you should know about Finnish Visas.
There are various reasons Nigerians are seeking a visa to Finland. Although it is a very cold country, there are a lot of Nigerians currently there for one reason or another. Some people are going there for academics purposes, while some are interested in just sightseeing. Irrespective of what your dreams are, you can actually find yourself in Finland.
Types of Finnish Visas
Travellers can apply for a Finnish visa depending on the purpose of their visit.
They are in different categories:
3. Visiting family and friends
5. Research or Training
6. Official purposes
Where To Get The Visa
You will be issued your Finnish visa at the Embassy of The Republic of Finland in Nigeria. Here is the address, phone number, email and website of the embassy.
Address: 9 Iro Dan Musa Street, Asokoro, Asokoro, Abuja
Phone: +234 9 9 3147256-7, 0803 7851150; Fax: +234 9 3147252
In this article, we chose to focus on a Finnish business visa – and so will be listing the requirements for a Finnish visa if the primary purpose of your visit to Finland is business.
Nevertheless, note that irrespective of the type of visa you intend getting, there are some general requirements applicable to everyone.
You should have it in mind that you should have a Schengen visa application form that is duly completed, dated and signed by you before going to the Embassy.
Here are the things you should have:
• Original blue bank slip as proof of payment of visa application fee
• An international e-passport which is valid at least three months after the journey;
• One (1) recent (not older than 3 months) passport size photograph, coloured on white background taken without headgear. Don’t forget that you should not staple the photo on the visa application form
• Previous passports (if any)
• Copy of flight reservation including return flight;
• Original certificate of health and travel insurance issued by an accredited Schengen insurance policy company;
• Evidence of sufficient means of subsistence during intended stay (your bank statements for the last three months, etc)
• Proof of accommodation for the whole duration of the intended stay (hotel reservations, proof of private accommodation, etc)
• Invitation letter from the company based in Finland;
• TCC (Tax Clearance Certificate) and Certificate of Business Incorporation;
• Proof of commercial activities in Nigeria and recent business contacts, the continuation of the commercial relationship with the company that invites (contracts, invoices, and so on)
Please note that at the visa interview the Embassy can request for other additional documents to support individual visa applications
For further information, please visit the official website of the Embassy of Finland in Nigeria.