The Federation of Malaysia is located in Asia and has a lot to offer to everyone from every part of the world. In this guide we’ll give details of how to obtain a Malaysia visa in Nigeria.
The country is quite beautiful and has a strong economy – just like various other Asian countries, and you shouldn’t be surprised why many are keen on migrating there.
Malaysia is a combination of 11 states and 2 federal territories, and has Kuala Lumpur as its capital.
Although Malay is the official language in the country, English is also popular in Malaysia.
It is also necessary to add that the two largest skyscrapers in the world are located in Malaysia, and their official currency is the Malaysian ringgit.
There are a lot of Nigerians in Malaysia for different purposes. While some are there for academic purposes, some Nigerians travelled there simply for sightseeing. And of course, we can’t overlook the fact that many Nigerians are trying to get to Malaysia for job opportunities to make money.
So, it is possible to get there with a Nigerian passport – but you must have a visa in order to gain entry into the country.
Types of Malaysia Visa
Depending on your purpose, here are the various available types of Malaysian visas and their processing time.
• Study Visa: The processing time is just 10 days
• Transit Visa: The processing time is 10 days
• Family Visa: The processing time is 10 days
• Tourist Visa: The processing time is 10 days
General Requirements for Malaysia Visa
Irrespective of why you intend traveling to Malaysia, here are the general requirements for a Malaysian Visa:
• Original and two copies of the approval letter from the Department of Immigration Malaysia.
• A valid Nigerian passport – valid for 6 months. You should note that your passport should have at least two free pages for visa stickers.
• Two copies of duly filled Malaysian visa application form – Form IMM.47
• Two passport-sized photographs
• Visa application fee receipt
• Valid and confirmed return flight ticket
Malaysia Visa Types
Depending on the purpose of travel, there are different Malaysia visa types available to pick from. Here are the two major types you should know about:
• Visa Without Reference (VWTR)
• Visa With Reference (VWR)
The Visa Without Reference (VWTR)
This type of visa is the most popular type of visa, and is issued to those who intend to visit the country for academic purposes, visit a family relative, go through the country to another region, or simply take a tour.
The visas in this group are
• Study visas
• Transit visas
• Family visas
• Tourist visas
If you intend obtaining a student visa, here are the documents you should also ensure you have:
• Offer letter from your chosen educational institution approved by the pass & permit division in the Immigration Headquarters of Malaysia.
• Proof of full-time course of study approved by the Minister of Home Affairs
• Health Certificate
• An original and clear copy of the highest obtained educational qualification certificate.
• Eligibility Letter from the Ministry of Education of Nigeria.
The Visa With Reference (VWR)
This particular visa is issued only to those who intend going to Malaysia with business-related intentions (those that desire investing their money in the country)
Take note that this kind is issued only by the Immigration Department of Malaysia, but it is not currently available for Nigerians.
Address and Location of Malaysia Embassy in Nigeria
Address: No. 4A, Plot 2232 B, Rio Negro Close, off Yedseram Street. Maitama, Abuja
Telephone: +234-9-780 9379
Where to Get a Malaysia Visa Application Form
You can download the normal Malaysia visa application forms from the website of the embassy and fill them manually. The e-visa form on it part should be filled and submitted online.
How and Where to Pay Malaysia Visa Fees
You get pay the fees at the Visa application center either with cash or through debit cards. Don’t also forget that the visa processing fee is non-refundable.
How long it takes to get a Malaysian Visa
You might have to wait for up to ten working days from the day of the submission to get it processed.
Malaysian Visa Collection
The visa can be collected at the visa application center from 8 am to 3 pm, Monday – Friday except on public holidays.
Travellers should also come along with their original receipt that was issued at the time of submission of the visa application.