Last updated on March 30th, 2019 at 11:27 pm
Portugal is a small country in Europe, but it’s one of the most powerful nations in the world.
The country is very close to Spain and she has a very rich history. During the years of European exploration as far back as the 16th century, Portugal was the first European country to set out to hinterlands.
Portuguese is the official language being spoken in the country, and it has Lisbon as its capital.
Portugal is surrounded by water and is very close to the Atlantic Ocean. There are various beaches in the country that are superb tourist destinations.
Portugal has a lot to offer to everyone interested in traveling to the country. If you desire furthering your education in a superb institution, you can move towards the country.
There are a lot of Nigerians in Portugal already, as the country opens the door for us to come in. Of course, that’s not to say there aren’t cases where Nigerians are being denied of Portuguese visas. What we are trying to say is that Nigerians are not restricted from coming to Portugal, and you will need a visa to get into Portugal with a Nigerian passport.
Types of Visa to Portugal
There are various types of Portuguese visas available – depending on why you intend going to the country.
Here they are:
• Tourist visa
• Business visa
• Transit visa
• Student visa
• Work Visa
Where To Get Your Visa
This is the address of the Portuguese Embassy in Nigeria, located in Abuja, as well as their phone numbers and website.
• Plot 3655, Orinoco Crescent (off River Kubani Street, off Nile Street), Maitama, Abuja, Nigéria.
Phone: +234-9461-1443, +234-0-903-780-867-0
Requirements Of Getting A Portuguese Visa As A Nigerian
Irrespective of the type of visa you seek to apply and get to travel to Portugal, you are expected to have a national passport with validity exceeding the expected return date, with at least two blank pages.
Here are the necessary documents you would also need to provide:
• Visa application form completely filled (in block letters) and signed.
• A recent passport sized photographs which captures the full face with a light background.
• Copy of the passports data sheet (page on which the photo is located).
• Copies of the applicant’s previous visas (if any).
• A cover letter stating the purpose of visit to the country
• Flight Itinerary with dates and flight numbers specifying entry and exit from Portugal.
• Health Insurance. Proof of health insurance covering international travel.
• Foreign Exchange or Credit Card copy. Applicant must provide Foreign Exchange or Credit Card copy.
• Hotel reservation for the duration of the intended stay in Portugal.
• A proof of the applicant’s civil status (marriage certificate, birth certificate of children, death certificate of spouse if applicable).
• Proof of sufficient financial means for the period of stay in Portugal.
• If you are coming for business purposes, you will need proof of previous trade relations between you and the company you are dealing with.
• Certificate of employment (if employed).
• A certificate from your employer stating/allowing your business travel (if employed).
• Business bank statement for the latest 6 months.
Don’t forget that depending on what you want, the embassy might demand for additional documents.
Just ensure you submit the right things and fill the right things in the forms.
To get more info, simply visit the Portuguese embassy (we stated their address earlier)