Egypt is one of the most popular countries in the world due to various factors. In this guide we’ll give you details on how to get Egyptian Visa
Quick facts about Egypt
Apart from being one of the oldest countries in the world, Egypt has been one of the earliest centers of civilization. She has been a very strong country from the times of the Pharaohes – who were able to properly and skillfully manage the country and made it a well-centralized and organized society.
The country joins two continents – Europe and Africa – through a land bridge formed by the Sinai peninsula.
Although an Arab country, there are a lot of residents from various parts of the world practising various religions.
The capital of Egypt is Cairo, and there are a lot of Nigerians currently in the country. Nigerians needs a visa to travel to Egypt, and it is easy to get if you do the right things.
Egypt has an impressive economy (for those who Will love working and conducting business there), and it’s also filled with a lot of historical destinations (for those interested in touring the place)
Just note that you are expected to live a careful life in a country like that, considering that they are quite religious – to avoid finding yourself in unnecessary trouble. Don’t forget that any form of deportation that make things difficult for you when you intend traveling again.
Types of Egyptian Visa
Here are the types of Egyptian visa for Nigerians:
• Single entry visa (up to 90 days)
• Tourist multiple entry visa (up to 90 days, valid for 6 months)
• Business multiple entry Visa (up to 90 days, valid for 6 months)
Where To Get An Egyptian Visa
Here is the address of the embassy of Arab Republic of Egypt in Abuja, the capital of Nigeria, as well as their phone numbers, email address and website.
Address: Plot 340, Diplomatic Drive, Central Area – Abuja
Phone: 00234(0)7034158802, 00234(0)7064184050
Depending on your purpose, there are various types of Egyptian visas. However, in this article, we would be focusing on a business visa to Egypt.
Take note that irrespective of the type of visa you seek, you must have a passport valid for at least 6 months from visa issue date, and at least one blank page to stamp the visa.
Here are the requirements for getting an Egyptian business visa in Nigeria:
• Two passport photograph
• A fully completed visa application form
• Visa fees in cash
• Photocopies of the passport and ID card. You must provide photocopies of the original passport and ID card, including copy of all visas(valid and expired)
• Evidence of status. Copy of registration certificate/copy of visa and copy of work permit(if available)in Nigeria;
• Itinerary. Copy of round trip tickets or confirmed itinerary;
• Health Insurance. Proof of health insurance covering international travel;
• Bank Statement. Copies of bank statements from the past 6 months;
• Employment Letter. Copy of a letter from your employer on business letterhead, with contact details, stating that a leave of absence has been granted, purpose and duration of the trip, and that you will be returning to your current job
• If the applicant is self-employed, they must include a copy of their business license and tax return
• If the applicant is retired, they must submit proof of their retirement fund
• Hotel Reservations. Copy of confirmed hotel reservations.
You should know that the issuance of visa is a very sensitive and important thing, and so, to increase your chances of being issued one, then you must submit only the right things and be truthful when filling your form.
For further information on other and all types of Egyptian visa, endeavor to visit the official embassy website which we stated above.