UniAbuja is a very popular institution in Nigeria. It is one of the Federal-owned schools in the country, and because of this, so many students always seek admission into the University each year.
It is that time of the year when Nigerian students get prepared for another stage of their academic life by enrolling in one of the higher institutions in the country, and right now, for those hoping to further their education in the University of Abuja, their interest is to know UniAbuja’s cut off Marks for 2019.
The management of the school had made known this year’s cut off mark – which is for those who wrote Jamb and chose the University of Abuja as their first choice during the registration.
If you are able to score above 180 in your Jamb exam, just get ready for the post James screening exam that will be conducted by the University of Abuja.
However, hope you are aware that as far as Nigeria is concerned, some Universities are given the autonomy to bring their own cut off mark to 200 and above? Yes, know that right.
Please note that the sale of the Post Utme form has not yet commenced. When it is time, the University will publicly announce it for everyone. So, just relax for the main time (but keep it in mind that you must partake in the exam if you are to progress to the next stage)
On the other hand, we are aware that some candidates won’t be able to meet up to the required mark. It is not a big problem at all. Such candidates can simply get the change of institution form and choose another institution that is fine with their scores.
However, for those candidates who are bent on becoming a student of the University of Abuja, they can still try again next year and see if things will move according to their plans (of course, it is possible with hard works and prayer)
We should however clarify that the fact that a candidate was able to score a high mark in Jamb does not automatically guarantee admission for such a person. Note that each department in the University of Abuja will make known their own cut off mark, which is known as departmental cut off mark. It is only those that meet up to the departmental cut off mark (after all is done and dusted) that will be admitted into the institution.
When such student is admitted, they should take care of their registrations – including the necessary physical screening of documents to be conducted by staffs of the University of Abuja.
For Uniabuja’s departments cut off mark, although this year’s is not yet out (since the post utme hasn’t been done), you can still have a glimpse with these:
1. Accounting – 240 and above
2. Agricultural Science and Education – 230 and above
3. Agriculture – 240 and above
4. Arabic Studies – 200 and above
5. Banking and Finance – 230 and above
6. Biology – 230 and above
7. Business Administration – 230 and above
8. Business Management – 230 and above
9. Chemical Engineering – 250 and above
10. Chemistry – 230 and above
11. Christian Religious Knowledge / Studies
12. Civil Engineering – 250 and above
13. Computer Science – 240 and above
14. Drama / Dramatic / Performing A rts – 220 and above
15. Economics – 230 and above
16. Education and Arabic – 220 and above
17. Education and Biology – 220 and above
18. Education and Chemistry – 220 and above
19. Education and Christian Religious Studies – 220 and above
20. Education and Economics – 220 and above
21. Education and Geography – 220 and above
22. Education and Integrated Science – 220 and above
23. Education and Islamic Studies – 220 and above
24. Education and Mathematics – 220 and above
25. Education and Physics – 220 and above
26. Education and Social Studies – 220 and above
27. Electrical Engineering – 240 and above
28. English and Literary Studies – 220 and above
29. Environmental Education – 220 and above
30. Geography – 230 and above
31. Guidance and Counseling – 220 and above
32. History – 220 and above
33. Islamic Studies – 200 and above
34. Linguistics – 220 and above
35. Mathematics – 230 and above
36. Mechanical Engineering – 240 and above
37. Medicine and Surgery – 250 and above
38. Microbiology – 230 and above
39. Philosophy – 220 and above
40. Political Science and International Relations – 230 and above
41. Primary Education Studies – 210 and above
42. Public Administration – 220 and above
43. Statistics – 230 and above
44. Veterinary Medicine – 240 and above
The University of Abuja is a nice school quite alright – one of the best in the country. So, your choice to study in this school is a nice one. After you have been given the admission, try to accept it immediately so they won’t think you are no longer interested in it (which might make them give it to someone else).
One of the necessary steps to take is to quickly pay the school’s acceptance fee. After that is done, you can get ready to resume when the next session starts, as a bona-fide student of the University of Abuja.
If you have a friend or neighbor who is also seeking admission into the University of Abuja, try to direct them to this article, and they will appreciate it.