Last Updated on
OPay App and products are owned by Opera Software, a Chinese company known for its popular mini browser. It has added more products which are doing well than the Opera browser.
Owners of OPay
OPay is owned by Opera Inc. by a consortium of Chinese investors led by current Opera CEO Yahui Zhou.
ORide was first launched in the commercial city of Lagos, since then it has continued to penetrate other major state capitals across the coutry. At the time of this report, It is present in the following cities:
Relationship between ORide and OPay?
OPay is an app that houses various products of Opera Inc. You can receive money and send money through the mobile money app.
In this post, we’ll shed light on what you can do on OPay App which houses several products of Opera.
Types of Opera products on OPay App
To use any of the above products, you will have to first download the App on Google Play Store, fund your account and select any of the products you want and start enjoying the comfort.
What you can do on OPay App
Some of the tasks you can effectively perform on the multi-purpose OPay app include:
- Ability to buy mobile data
- Ability to pay for utility bill like Abuja electricity, Eko Electricity, Ibadan Electricity, Ikeja Disco, Kano electricity, and Port Harcourt electricity
- Ability to order Oride, OBus in Lagos
- A simple and convenient way to pay for a subscription, e.g GOTV, DSTV and STARTIMES
- You can also order food using OFood right within the app
- Ability to place your bet on your favourite clubs etc
Opera Food (OFood)
This is designed for those who prefer to order their favourite menu from within the OPay App from top accredited eatery and canteens across Lagos.
Choose the nearby canteen when placing an order. You’ll also enjoy a mouth-watering discount on your order.
Just like Coca-Cola, Opera now has OFood agents across Lagos, it may extend to other major cities if it succeeded in the commercial city of Lagos.
Download and continue to enjoy OPay food promo
Opera Loan (OKash)
There are several loan operators. They include PalmCredit, PayLater now Carbon among others, Opera has within its OPay App OKash for loan application and convenient repayment method.
You can get up to N50, 000 within 30 minutes on Opera Loan called Okash.
Caution: The last three times we put OKash to test, it was not working properly. When this begins to work well we’ll keep you updated.
Opera Mobile Money Agent (EasyCash)
Sometimes called Opay Mobile Money agent, becoming a mobile money agent is one of the simplest ways to make money on the side in your community.
The EasyCash feature will appear on your app when you have been verified by Opay (PayCom), Opera Mobile money arm.
The amount of transactions you do can qualify you to get OPay Point of Purchase popularly called (POS machine) FREE!
Requirements to become OPay agent and get FREE POS machine
The following docs are needed to upgrade your account to be an OPay agent, see them below:
- Download the Opay App on your phone and register
- A utility or other bill dated no later than three months prior to registration as proof of your address
- One passport photo
- Your Bank Verification Number (BVN)
- Copy of your national ID card, driver’s license or international passport
How to register as Opay Mobile Money Agent
A lot of guys contacted us recently how they could obtain the Opay agent registration form, the good news is that you don’t need any conventional form to become OPay agent and get free POS in Nigeria.
Step 1: Head straight to the official website of OPay at operapay.com and by the top right-hand side, click “Become Agent” button
Step 2: Sign up on the page by filling the online form: Your name, email address, phone number, your state and agree to the terms.
Step 4: You will be contacted by one of its customer support agents.
Benefits of becoming Opay Agents
- Access to a quick response from the customer service centre
- Access to free POS depending on the number of transactions you’ve made on the app
- A reliable source said plans were underway to support their faithful and reliable agents with a loan to boost their business, whether it will be interest-free or not we can’t confirm. We’ll keep you updated.
So, how do you contact OPay to resolve issues?
OPay contact details:
To avoid landing on the dubious social media accounts, below are the social media channels of OPay Nigeria in case you have inquiries.
- Twitter: @OPay_NG
- Facebook: @opay.ng (https://www.facebook.com/opay.ng/)
- Instagram: @opay.ng (https://www.instagram.com/opay.ng/)
- LinkedIn: @opay (https://www.linkedin.com/company/opay/)
Do you have questions on how to get promo code for ORide or any other products on the app? Drop your questions below.