The names of 35 sacked aides to Vice President Yemi Osinbajo has been released by a source in Abuja.
The news of their sacking by President Muhammadu Buhari was first published by Daily Nigerian. Buhari is in London on a private visit.
In the list which was published a few hours ago by Daily Trust, among those affected by the tsunami included the daughter of former governor of Oyo State, Isiaka Abiola Ajimobi who was the Special Assistant, Legal to the President (VP’s office).
FULL LIST: Names of Osinbajo’s aides sacked by Buhari
- Jibola Ajayi – SA, Legal
- Lanre Osinbona – SSA, ICT
- Imeh Okon – SSA, Infrasture
- Jide Awolowo – SA, Oil and Gas
- Lilian Idiaghe – SA, Research, Legal and Compliance
- Arukino Umukoro – SA, Niger Delta
- Bala Liman Mohammed – SSA, Economy
- Edobor Iyamu – SSA, Niger Delta
- Dolapo Bright – SSA, Agro Allied value chain
- Toyosi Onaolapo – SA, Community engagement
- Gambo Manso – SA, Political
- Bisi Ogunbemi- SA, Political Matters
- Edirin Akemu – SSA, Industry, Trade and Investment
- Akin Soetan – Economic Matters
- Aondaver Kuttuh – Technical Assistant
- Ife Adebayo – SA, Innovation
- Yussuf Ali – SA, Power regulations
- Tola Asekun – SSA, National Boundary Commission
- Morakinyo Beckley – SA, Off grid power
- Yosola Akinbi, SSA, NEC
- Tochi Nwakwukwu – SA, Power Privatisation
- Bode Gbore – SSA, Political
- Abdulraman Baffa Yola – SA, Political
- Kolade Sofola – SA, Infrasture
- Ebi Awosika – STA, Community Engagement
- Muyiwa Abiodun – SSA, Power
- Forri Samson Banu – SA, Entrepreneur
- Bege Bala – SA, BPE
- Feyishayo Aina – SA, Community Engagement
- Halima Bawa – SA, Community Engagement
- Nkechi Chukwueke – SA, Community Engagement
- Ilsa Essien – SA, Media
Is there any rift between Osinbajo and Buhari?
The presidency said NO. But it was gathered that trouble started amidst insinuations that VP Osinbajo might secretly be warming up to contest the 2023 presidential election.
A few weeks ago, some supporters of Osinbajo in Akure, Ondo State, came up with the political banner of the VP ahead of 2023 elections, the Ogun born Law Professor denied them and warned them not to heighten the political tension in the country.
Daily Trust quoted a source as saying, “The letters were distributed to the affected aides through the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation. They were not working within the precinct of the presidential villa.”
It was also gathered that Osinbajo had retrieved the sacking letters from his aides “pending the return of the president.”
In the meantime, spokesman to Buhari Garba Shehu has confirmed the sacking of some aides in Aso Villa, saying the exercise was aimed at reducing the cost of governance.