Luno is a cryptocurrency trading platform where you buy, send two major dominant crypto: bitcoin and ethereum. In this post, we’ve listed luno supported countries around the world.
Before that, it is also very important to note that the luno is backed by Digital Currency Group, Balderton Capital, Venturra Capital, Naspers and several notable investors.
Important things to know about luno:
- Former name: BitX
- Establishment date: 2013
- Current Name: Luno Cryptocurrency Exchange
- Fiat Currencies: EUR, IDR, MYR, NGN, ZAR
- Founders: Marcus Swanepoel, Francois Paul, Timothy Stranex, Carel van Wyk
- Supported Cryptocurrencies: BTC, ETH
- Deposit Methods: Bank transfer, Cash, Credit card, Debit card, Electronic Funds Transfer, Bank transfer (SEPA), Interbank GIRO, Interbank Funds Transfer
- Current Users: 3.5 million (November 2019)
- Headquarters: London, United Kingdom
- Taker: 0.20-1.00%
- Deposit Fees: Varies by payment method
- Withdrawal Fees: Fee varies
Disclaimer: This information provided here is not an endorsement because cryptocurrencies are highly volatile. Trade at your own RISK. We urged you to trade with extreme caution.
Users in supported countries can take advantage of Luno’s fiat integration by buying or trading bitcoin or Ethereum with fiat currency directly through the Luno platform using the powerful built-in digital wallet.
We’ve segmented its supported countries into:
Luno Supported countries in Europe
Luno is supported in 36 European countries. It is its largest market, see them below:
- Czech Republic,
- Isle of Man,
- San Marino,
- United Kingdom.
Luno supported countries in Africa
It is supported in four African countries, they are:
- South Africa
Luno supported countries in Asia
The above list is exhaustive as the crypto company said it plans to continue to expand in order to make its services accessible to more people around the World.
If you’re in any of the listed countries it means you’d be able to enjoy the full services provided by luno, which include:
- buy bitcoin and ethereum using your debit or credit card,
- receive bitcoin,
- sell bitcoin,
- generate your btc wallet,
- withdraw your balance to your local bank account.
Account Level limits
You will have to verify your identity for you to enjoy the full benefits of luno. When you do, your account will be upgraded.
When you perform this task your limit is raised from level 0 to level 1 and your limit is set at N200,000 (Nigerian Naira), depending on your country.
To upgrade from level 1 to another level you need additional means of identity.
Verification levels and limits:
Luno account-level limits in Nigeria:
- Level 1: Deposit/ Withdrawals over all time: NGN 200,000
- Level 2: Deposits/ Withdrawals per month: NGN 500,000
- Level 3: Deposits/ Withdrawals per month: NGN 10,000,000
Luno account-level limits in South Africa:
- Level 1: Deposit/ Withdrawals over all time: ZAR 15,000
- Level 2: Deposits/ Withdrawals per month: ZAR 50,000
- Level 3: Deposits/ Withdrawals per month: No limits
Account-level limits in Europe:
- Level 1: Deposit/ Withdrawals over all time EUR 1,000
- Level 2: Deposits/ Withdrawals per month EUR 5,000
- Level 3: Deposits/ Withdrawals per month EUR 100,000
Account-level limits in Indonesia:
- Level 1: Deposit/ Withdrawals over all time: IDR 15,000,000
- Level 2: Deposits/ Withdrawals per month: IDR 25,000,000
- Level 3: Deposits/ Withdrawals per month: No limit
Account-level limits in Malaysia:
- Level 1: Deposit/ Withdrawals overall time: MYR 5,000
- Level 2: Deposits/ Withdrawals per month: MYR 10,000
- Level 3: Deposits/ Withdrawals per month: MYR 300,000
To start performing transactions on luno platform, you might find one of our previous post, how to buy bitcoin on Luno with Debit Card useful.