You’ve heard about people talk about banking security token? Using it is one of the best ways to perform safer online transactions.
All Nigeria’s banks have this feature on their online banking platform, in this guide we’ll focus on how to apply and get GTBank security token.
The GTBank Security Token gives you optimal protection against online thefts, hackers and fraudsters. It is the key that grants you full access to carry out 3rd party transfers and payments online via the GTBank internet banking platform anywhere in the world.
What is a Bank Security Token?
A bank security token is a physical device used to gain access to online banking ans perform transactions.
A bank security token is used in addition to or in place of a password. It is an electronic key to access your banking platform.
A 6-digit code is generated any time you want to perform online transactions which is used to validate and conclude the transaction.
What is bank security token used for?
GTBank security token is used for a number of online banking services. Some of them include:
- You security token when transferring money from your account to another GTBank account or to other banks.
- When conducting Foreign Exchange transfers
- To generate secure codes
- Pay for your Cable subscription.
- Pay for your phone bills and internet services
- It is also used for processing Cash/Draft In transit
- Used to make FX sales
- Transfer to any GTBank account and other banks in Nigeria
- Pay for your US Visa fee
- Book flight tickets
- Transfer foreign currencies (Dollars, pounds, Euro) from your domiciliary account to anyone in the world
- Place a standing order on your account
Benefits of GTBank Security Token
- It becomes impossible for another person to carry out online transactions from your account.
- You can use the security token to carry out online transactions anywhere in the world.
- It makes sending of money to a third party easier and safer.
- It a128 bit data encryption to protect your account details
How to Get GTBank Security Token
- Step 1: Visit the nearest GTBank
- Step 2: Obtain Security Token Form from the customer support desk
- Step 3: Complete the form
- Step 4: Submit the completed form
- Step 5: Wait for the documentation your token
Note: It’s not free! You’ll be charged.
How to generate a code
To generate a 6-digit code to complete your transaction, simply click the white button on the device.
That’s all, you can begin to use your GT Bank security token to perform online transactions.