Last Updated on
The North East Development Commission has rolled out different training programmes for residents within the six states that fall within the geo-political zone.
The NEDC resource centre is designed for the indigene of the following North Eastern states: Adamawa, Bauchi, Borno, Gombe, Taraba, and Yobe
Purpose of North East Development Commission (NEDC) Training Resource
Just like the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC), the NEDC is aimed at developing the Northeast region so as to make the geopolitical zone a safe.
- To make North East economically vibrant using Information Communication Technology to drive development.
- To create more jobs across the region
- To promote the development of human capacity.
- To enhance literacy and skill acquisition modules for youths in the North East region
- To make this possible, NEDC established ICT Resource Training Centers that will train its teeming youths to make them self sufficient and economic independence.
NEDC areas of training (Courses)
The training of the commission focuses on the training of its youth in four cardinal areas, they include:
- Entrepreneurship development and Bookkeeping
- Fundamentals of Computing
- Digital Graphics Design
- Smartphone Management and Repairs
The NEDC’s vision leverages a robust local content-driven ICT industry that delivers Social and Economic Services to the people of the Northeast through her trained participants.
Model of NEDC Training
NEDC training is a two-month program, where trainees are mandated to spend a minimum of two hours daily at the training centres from Monday through Friday.
Trainees and participants would be trained on Entrepreneurship, Computer Appreciation and Basic Accounting Module
After the training, the participants would be grouped into two (based on choice and personal capabilities).
One of the two groups will train on Graphics Design Classes, the other will train on Smartphone Repairs.
Note: Attendance is compulsory.
NEDC Training Registration Requirements
- First name
- Last name
- You must be an origin of one of the North East States: Adamawa, Bauchi, Borno, Gombe, Taraba, Yobe
- Local Government of Residence
- Residential address
- Email address
How to register for NEDC training
- Step 1: Head straight to the official registration portal at https://www.nedcresourcecentre.org/register to fill the form and click register.
- Step 2: Check your email to confirm a link sent to you.
- Step 3: Login and fill the area you want to be trained in.
If you are having any issue let us know or reach out to the support at