The official recruitment portal of the Nigeria Immigration Service has opened for fresh applicants across the country. I’ll share with you who can and who can’t apply for the latest NIS recruitment.
In a press release by NIS Public Relations Officer, Mr Sunday James, NIS recruitment portal opened on Friday, March 13, 2020 and will last for four weeks from the day of announcement.
According to him, the fresh applicantion was approved by the Minister of Interior Mr Rauf Aregbesola who is also the chairman of civil defence, correctional, fire and immigration services board (CDCFIB).
Available positions are:
- Inspectorate cadre,
- Superintendent cadre
- Assistant cadre
Those who can’t apply for 2020 NIS Recruitment:
The application is not for everyone, below are the list of people who can’t apply for the NIS vacancies:
- Bow Legs
- Flat foot
- Amputation of any part of Physical Body
- Hearing Impaired (Deaf)
- Any Physical Deformity not mentioned
- Knocked Knees
- Bent Arms/Deformed Hands/Fracture
- Defective Eye Sight e.g Squint-eye, Cross Eye, One-eyed and Total Blindness)
- Hunched Back
- Medical Challenges
- Limb Legs
- Impediment in Speech (Stammer/Dumb)
- Gross malformation of teeth
- Pregnant women
Requirements for NIS Recruitment (Updated for 2020
- You be a Nigerian by birth
- You must have the National Identity Number (NIN)
- Be medically fit and sound
- Obtain medical form from government’s certified hospital
- Must be drug free
- Clean criminal record
- You must be between 18-30 years except doctors and pharmacist not more than 35
- Height: 1.65m for males and 1.60m for females.
- Chest measurement of not less than 0.87m for men.
- You must be computer literate
- You must have the required certificate from government’s recognised institutions
- You must be computer literate because the shortlisted applicants will sit for a Computer Based Test CBT
What’s the official application portal for NIS Recruitment?
The official NIS recruitment portal is at immigrationrecruitment.org.ng/index.php
How to apply for NIS Recruitment 2020
- Step 1: Create a profile
- Step 2: Check your inbox to confirm your email
- Log in to begin your application
- Click on the cadre applicanle to you
- Print your completed data page
- Wait for call up for CBT