Before now, the printing our WAEC result was done at the state office of the examining body, sometimes, one might have to travel to the national headquarters in Lagos, that has changed.
In this post, we’ll show you how to print out an old WAEC result of 2005 or a result older than that from WAEC result portal, be it May/June or Nov/Dec popularly known as GCE.
What makes this post unique is the fact that you even if you have forgotten your WAEC registration number, you can still go-ahead to print out your result.
For instance, if the only details you can remember are the exam centre and the year.
Requirements To Retrieve WAEC and GCE Registration Number
So you’ve forgotten your examination centre number or exam registration number? Don’t you worry as their are means to retrieve forgotten examination number or registration number?
First, retrieve your photo card, see requirements below:
- Affidavit for loss of examination number
- Treasury receipt
- A Passport photo
- Processing fee of N2,000
- Result checking & printing fee of N950.
Follow the steps below
Step 1: Retrieve your photo card.
Step 2: Tender the listed requirements at the WAEC office nearest to you.
If don’t have any of the problem discussed above, but you want to check your WAEC or GCE result online, follow the guide below:
6 steps to check GCE and WAEC result
The West African Examination Council (WAEC) has made checking of result handy for candidates in Nigeria.
Below is how to access and check your results online, using the results checker pin on your smart identity cards used during the conduct of the examination.
Candidates can check their results on WAEC’s website: www.waecdirect.org by following the procedure below:
- Step 1: Enter your 10-digit WAEC Examination Number. (This is your 7-Digit centre number followed by your 3-digit candidate number eg. 4123456789)
- Step 2: Enter the 4 digits of your Examination Year eg. 2002
- Step 3: Select the Type of Examination
- Step 4: Enter the e-PIN Voucher Number
- Step 5: Enter the Personal Identification Number (PIN) on your e-PIN
- Step 6: Click Submit and wait for the results window to
How to check WAEC and GCE result through SMS
To check your WAEC result through SMS:
- Step 1: Purchase WAEC Direct Scratch card
- Step 2: Send an SMS using this format: WAEC*Exam Number*PIN*Exam Year
- Step 3: The USSD code above should be sent to 32327 (MTN, Airtel & Glo subscribers).
NOTE: When you’re sending the USSDC code, ensure that there is no space in the message and ensure that you strictly use the format above.
SMS cost #30 per message on MTN, Glo, and Airtel
EG: WAEC*4507289697*712386754326*2016 and send to 32327
Wait for your result to be delivered to your phone via SMS.
At your leisure time, don’t forget to check out our post on how How WAEC Essays Are Marked.
If you have any question, don’t hesitate to shoot us a comment.