250 TVC Workers Are Now Jobless - CEO

#EndSars: 250 TVC Workers Are Now Jobless – CEO

Chief Executive Officer of Television Continental, Mr Andrew Hanlon, said no fewer than 250 TVC workers are now jobless following hoodlums’ attack during the #EndSars protest in Lagos a few days ago.

Television Continental popularly known as TVC at Ikosi, Ketu, Lagos State, was one of the properties set ablaze by hoodlums who hijacked what started as a peaceful protest to end police brutality and bad governance.

Transmission gadgets, state-of-the-art studios, production rooms and operational vehicles of TVC, including cars of staff, were some of the things destroyed.

The main auditorium, which housed three main studios, three control rooms, three master control rooms and a central transmission was razed.

There were also attempts to attack workers. On a live morning show “Your Views” anchor Morayo Afolabi-Brown and guests were seen on video clips begging invaders before the show went off the air.

“After the rioters invaded our premises and set the place on fire, some buildings in the premises survived.”

An unconfirmed report say the business empire of the National Leader of the ruling All Progressive Congress (APC) Asiwaju Bola Tinubu was one of the targets of the rioters.

Mr Halon who took the Lagos State Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu round the facility who visited to see the level of damage on Thursday said over 500 direct employees of the station had been struggling to work in temporary accommodation put up by the management.

“People’s hard work and huge investment that went down into the TV station were destroyed in a period of about an hour. The incident was really traumatising for all of us.

The CEO who lamented the over the level of devastation thanked Almighty God that “no member of staff died in the incident.”

READ ALSO:  History of Abia State

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.