Administrative fee to collect WAEC attestation of the result is no longer N20, 000. In this post, we’ll share with you all you to do to retrieve your lost or badly damaged WAEC result.
Note: The West African Examination Council doesn’t issue original certificate twice, however, you are given the privilege to re-apply for attestation of result.
This is designed for victims of stolen, lost, and burnt WAEC Original Certificate. You will need the original certificate during screening exercise when you’re an offered an admission in any higher institution.
How can I retrieve my WAEC certificate?
“@waecnigeria I wrote my waec 2005 and now the certificate is lost need to get the attestation of result. What’s the procedure and how long does it take?” a former candidate of the WAEC asked on Twitter a few days ago.
And the examination body was quick to reply with the requirements to get back a lost WAEC result.
The good news:
WAEC now give attestation of result that looks like WAEC certificate and it’s still original. Something like the photo below.
However, “the difference is in the name and the passport will be a recent one you’ll submit during the process of getting it,” Sisi Nene who had a similar experience tweeted.
Requirements For Collection of WAEC Attestation result
- To apply for attestation of result, visit any of the branch offices of WAEC closer to you and take along the following:
- Letter of Application which should be addressed to be the registrar
- Police report on the lost or damaged certificate
- Photocopy of the lost of damaged certificate
- Two passports
- Sworn affidavit for the collection of attestation of result
- An administrative fee of N50, 000 in cash or draft payable to WAEC account
Note: A few months ago, the administrative fee to retrieve WAEC result was N20, 000, but the examination body unofficially announced on its Twitter page that it’s now N50K.
What To Include In Letter of Application for Collection of WAEC Attestation Result
- Your address
- Address of the registrar through the WAEC branch office
- Title, “Application for Collection of WAEC Attestation Result”
- Your full name
- The school where you sat for the exam
- Year of exam
- Certificate number (if the certificate is partially damaged) not necessary if it’s a case of a complete burn
- Reason for your application
- Sign with your full name and date