Did write the just concluded Senior School Certificate Examination? This guide will show you how to easily check WAEC result right on your phone at the comfort of your home.
Two means of checking your SSCE result:
- Through WAEC portal
- Through SMS by sending some codes on the phone number linked to your registration
Remember, the West African Examination Council (WAEC) has made checking of result handy for candidates in Nigeria.
Below is how to access and check your results online, using the results checker pin on your smart identity cards used during the conduct of the examination.
Candidates can check their results on WAEC’s website: www.waecdirect.org by following the procedure below:
- Step 1:Enter your 10-digit WAEC Examination Number. (This is your 7-Digit centre number followed by your 3-digit candidate number eg. 4123456789)
- Step 2:Enter the 4 digits of your Examination Year eg. 2002
- Step 3:Select the Type of Examination
- Step 4:Enter the e-PIN Voucher Number
- Step 5:Enter the Personal Identification Number (PIN) on your e-PIN
- Step 6:Click Submit and wait for the results window to load
Sample of WAEC result checker pin:
Your result checker pin should look something like this:
- Seral: WRN277772700
- Pin: 306748599923
- Exam no: 7290114564
How to check WAEC result through SMS
To check your WAEC result through SMS:
- Step 1: Purchase WAEC Direct Scratch card
- Step 2: Send an SMS using this format: WAEC*Exam Number*PIN*Exam Year
- Step 3: The USSD code above should be sent to 32327 (MTN, Airtel & Glo subscribers).
NOTE: When you’re sending the USSDC code, ensure that there is no space in the message and ensure that you strictly use the format above.
SMS cost #30 per message on MTN, Glo, and Airtel
EG: WAEC*4507289697*712386754326*2016 and send to 32327
Wait for your result to be delivered to your phone via SMS.
At your leisure time, don’t forget to check out our post on how How WAEC Essays Are Marked.
If you have any question, don’t hesitate to shoot us a comment.