Last updated on October 11th, 2022 at 03:30 pm
Here is the NJFP’s latest news: After a year the application for the Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme came to a close, and successful applicants have started receiving matching stage emails.
The first batch started receiving messages on September 19, according to the tweet of the organisers as seen by Actionable Info
“Fellows in the first batch of the matching process have received the details of the Host Organization they will be working with for the next 12 months. The onboarding & induction stages will begin shortly for these fellows.”
What is the NJFP Matching stage?
The matching means successful applicants who are known as ‘talented’ fellows will be posted to the organization in which they have shown interest during the application stage. The organisations will be their host for a 12-month period
NJFP which launched on August 31, 2021, is designed to annually employ 20,000 graduates who have completed mandatory one-year National Youth Service (NYSC).
Recalled that the application portal for the pioneering recruitment opened on September 6, 2021, and came to a close on October 20, 2021.
Contrary to reports being circulated online, there is no official list of NJFP shortlisted candidates, rather, successful applicants would receive the next line of action through the email they provided during the application period.
Advice: Constantly check your inbox including your junk box.
According to the official Twitter handle of the organisers @NigeriaJFP, matching (shortlisting) would be done in batches. The first batch has been communicated.
Download Names of NJFP Fellows selected and matched
2,183 beneficiaries made the first batch list of successful NJFP fellows spread across the 36 states of the federation including the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Abuja.
Female: 1148 female
The organisers said that the fellows would be placed in 616 Organisations across the 36 States and FCT.
“The contracting processes are being finalized, including onboarding of the host Organisations before the Fellows resume at their place of work.”
Ordinarily, you should have been contacted if you were shortlisted, however, if you want to check your name on the official list, you can check and download the NJFP First Batch List from the official portal.
5 Processes of NJFP
Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme involves five stages:
- Application and matching
- Induction and onboarding
- Alumni network
When will I be matched with a host organization?
Matching is in stages. So, “the selection and matching process will continue in batches over the next few weeks.”
If you did excellently well in your exams but are yet to receive an update from Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme, look out for a message from them either in the first batch or second batch.
Has anyone been matched to a specific organization?
From our checks, some applicants who were shortlisted have been matched to the organization of their interest. A Twitter user who confirms his matching writes:
What is the monthly salary of NJFP Fellows?
NJFP Fellows will receive a monthly stipend of NGN100,000 paid by the Jubilee Fellows Programme subject to achieving planned results for each month.
“I have been matched to an organization, I’m waiting for the second email and when the organization will call me”Toleeb Ibrahim Adeiza
Another user Ebere Udoh who confirmed her acceptance into the programme writes:
“I have been matched to an organization but I haven't seen any details on them. When will they contact me like the mail said?”
How can one know he or she is successful?
If you are selected, you will receive an email from them so, keep checking your mailbox.
I received a message from NJFP, please what’s the next stage?
Check the details of the email, there should be a link and password to check your host organizations. After accessing the host organization portal which has been integrated into the platform, you need to accept the offer.
How can I contact NJFP?
You can contact the organisers by sending any queries regarding your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
In partnership with the European Union (EU) and United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), Buhari said:
“Beyond the skills and work experience, we will be building a new culture of mentorship and guidance that can chart a new course for skills development and work experience in our country.
“We believe that as this programme creates new opportunities for 20,000 recent graduates annually, the beneficiaries will use the opportunities presented to them and maximize their 12 months of engagement.”President Muhammadu Buhari during the flagging off of the Post-NYSC youth empowerment programme.
10 Aims And Objectives of NJFP
The jubilee fellow aims to achieve the following:
1) To create a channel between graduates and industry for the graduates to have useful working experience
2) To help address the employment gap
3) It aims to identify the emerging skills that companies need most which the young graduates can provide
4) To assist and guide graduates to be more prepared for the task ahead
5) To create employment and opportunities for young Nigerians.
6) NJFP is designed to champion homegrown Nigerian talent which is readily available among Nigerian youths if given the opportunity.
7) To directly connect organizations directly to the young graduates
8) To use it as a platform to use the youth as change-makers to the implementation of the Development Agenda.
9) It is also an avenue to continually see the Nigerian youth as an asset
10) To help fresh NYSC graduates with zero work experience break into the professional world
8 key things Post-NYSC members need to know
1) Through the Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme (NJFP), 20, 000 Nigerians who just completed their mandatory one-year National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) will be employed every year.
2) The NJFP will get technical support from the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and the European Union (EU).
3) Beneficiaries will be mentored on how to create jobs and be employable
4) It is not a permanent job programme, but rather 12 months of engagement which is meant to open fellows’ eyes to new opportunities which they can tap into.
5) It is created to provide a pathway for young Nigerians to gain work experience in top-tier organisations just the way it is done in the United States, United Kingdom, France, and Germany among other developed countries.
6) A monthly stipend will be covered by the NJFP board, so companies have nothing to worry about.
7) Companies will have to submit an expression of interest before a fellow can be posted to their organisation.
8) Key sectors where beneficiaries will undergo the internship programme include
- financial services
- research and development
- public sector institutions
- creative industries
- information and communications technology
Benefits For The Participating Organization?
1) The cost of screening fellow will be done by the NJFP board, meaning the company has no expenses to cover
2) The monthly salary of the fellow will be covered by NJFP
3) Company will have access to highly qualified young candidates who skill will be beneficial to the smooth running of the host company
4) It’s another way of boosting your company’s corporate social responsibility
5) Special privileges may be given to companies that diligently help in the implementation of the programme.
Eligibility Requirements For Host Companies:
1) The company must show evidence or business registration with the Corporate Affairs Commission Certificate of Registration
2) Companies must show a clear understanding of the objectives of the programme
3) Show interest to accept fellow placements
4) The Participating company must not have any criminal records or convictions or any affiliation with proscribed organizations
5) Company must provide clear descriptions of available role requirements for fellow
6) Proof that the company has in-house experienced professionals who will provide mentorship
7) Must be ready to sign a code of conduct
8) Ready to sign an agreement to abide by the guidelines of the program
9) Company must have non-discrimination policies on gender, ethnicity, religion and disability status
Benefits For Beneficiaries
Application opening date: September 6, 2021
Application closing date: October 20, 2021
1) You will be matched with relevant host organisations
2) Beneficiaries will receive a monthly stipend from NJFP.
3) It will provide an opportunity for the NJFP fellow to be employed by their host organisation if they perform well.
4) It will provide an array of opportunities for fellows who are plans to set up their own businesses to gain entrepreneurship skills and management at their host organisation.
5) It will further enhance the capacity building of the beneficiaries
Eligibility requirements for aspiring fellows
1) To apply for the fellowship programme, applicants (post0NYSC members) must fulfil the following requirements:
2) You must have completed your one-year NYSC programme and graduated not earlier than 2017
3) You must be a Nigerian.
4) Applicant must not be more than 30 years
5) You must be ready to contribute to Nigeria’s socio-economic development.
6) You must be seeking an opportunity and not currently engaged in another job
7) You demonstrate interest/commitment in your chosen career field
8) You must have good verbal and written communication skills
9) Applicant must have excellent time management and a professional attitude
Easy Steps To Complete NJFP Application
Are you ready to begin your application? Follow the process below:
- Step 1: Head straight to the jubilee application portal at https://www.njfp.ng/apply to register
- Step 2: Choose the “fellows” button and enter your first name, last name, email address and create a password
- Step 3: Check your inbox for NJFP Activation Code
- Step 4: Click the link to activate your account with the code e.g 15Pg4S
- Step 5: Now that your account has been activated, log in to the portal using your email address and password.
It’s time to complete the seven sections of the online application, they include:
- Personal Information
- Educational Background
- Past Experience/Achievements
- Personal Essay (Personal Statement (under this section, provide your motivation for applying to the Programme which must not be more than 500 words)
- Documents Upload (Uploaded documents should be JPEG, JPG, PNG, DOC, DOCX, ODP or PDF extensions)
- Application Summary (ensure your details are correct)
- And hit the submit application button.
What is Jubilee’s Motivation Letter?
Jubilee Motivation Letter is a one-page introductory letter that describes why you are the perfect candidate for the fellow’s programme.
The letter, which shouldn’t be more than 500-word, introduces you to the selection committee and why you should be one of the beneficiaries of the NJFP.
While you may be excited to load your letter with everything you’ve got to offer, it’s important to limit it to a page or not more than the specified word count.
Tips on how to write a motivation letter are:
- Make it straightforward
- Focus on your strongest strengths
- Keep it short
- It is an opportunity to sell yourself, don’t miss it
- Don’t copy a generic motivation letter template
- Above all, don’t forget to mention your main goal in the closing paragraph
For a motivation letter for your jubilee fellowship application, you can find several templates online.
You should always remember to click the “Save” button in each section to save your progress
This is a commendable idea by Nigeria’s government, however, we hope that the mode of implementation will follow a similar fellow model in advanced countries of the world.
We hope participating companies would treat fellows and give them the needed support for them to be employable and give them the privilege to display their skills.
NJFP is one of the youth empowerment programmes of the present administration.
Featured photo credit: Emmanuel Ikwuegbu of unsplash.com