Last updated on August 5th, 2023 at 03:46 pm
Unity Bank Plc says it aims to register at least five million businesswomen in the South-West geopolitical zone on Yanga Account, a new banking product specifically designed to ease the way of doing business for women in Nigeria.
Specifically, Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer of Unity Bank Plc, Mrs. Tomi Somefun disclosed that no fewer than 5 million Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) being operated by women in the South West will be onboarded.
She disclosed this during the launch of Yanga Account in Ibadan, Oyo State capital.
“Yanga Account heralds a new dawn for my fellow women operating businesses in South West Nigeria,” Somefun said.
- It is designed to promote women MSMEs
- To boost the morale of businesswomen
- To create a unique proposition for Yanga Account in the market.
- Access to microloans
- To promote financial inclusion among women through stress-free savings and investment,
- To give them access to the services of dedicated Sales Agents,
- To bring closer to them Agency Banking services
- To organise special business seminar and training on how women can grow their business
- Customized debit cards
The Head of Retail, SME Banking and E-Business of the bank, Mr. Funwa Akinmade stated that female-led MSMEs in South West Nigeria “continue to play pivotal roles in the contribution of the MSMEs to the economy of Nigeria” promising that they would continue to receive support from Unity Bank
Who is Yanga Account designed for?
Yanga account is specifically designed to bring on board market women in the following areas of businesses:
- fashion design,
- frozen food,
- pastry and baking,
- eateries and restaurants
- jewellery designs and making
Yanga Account by Unity Bank was first unveiled in Federal Capital Territory by veteran Nollywood Sola Sobowale, who is also the Brand Ambassador of the bank.
- By Encomium Magazine