Access Bank recently says it has over 70,000 as agents spread across Nigeria, disclosing that its aim is to reach unbanked and under-banked millions of Nigerians in communities and cities.
What are the requirements to become Access Closa Agent in your community? Do I need millions of naira to register as POS agent?
For Small Medium Enterprise (SME) owner who has been searching for another stream of income, here is an absolute way to generate more income while you continue to carry out your daily business activities.
How it works:
An Access Closa agent is a person that is authorised by Access Bank Plc to carry out banking transactions on behalf of the bank in their location.
Senior Banking Advisor, Retail, Access Bank Plc, Robert Giles said:
“Customers and non-customers of the bank can also access financial services from a Closa agent near them, by simply searching for “Access Closa Agent” on Google Map instead of walking long distances in search of a branch”.
Whether someone in your community wants to send or receive money, they approach you and help them perform financial transactions just the way Point-of-Sale (POS) terminals or mobile banking operate.
This means you can offer the following services to your customers:
- Transfer money
- Make deposits
- Withdraw cash
- People can pay for DSTV, GoTV, StarTimes, and other bill payments
- Help people to recharge the phone
- Assist unbanked to set up an active bank account immediately
While you offer these above services, it is also very important to point out that your customers will benefit immensely from the easy and simplified banking service an agent of Access Closa offer. They include:
1) Community banking which means you take a walk of less a minute to an agent point
2) It eliminates queues that are common to the banking hall
3) Your transactions are secured with PIN
4) You don’t need to be a customer of Access Bank to use Access Closa point. It’s for all Nigerians
5) Access to banking services 24/7, seven days a week unlike bank hall that closes by 4PM, Saturday and Sunday.
6) It helps you save the cost of going to the branch or ATM
With all the above benefits for customers and agents, here are the eligibility requirements to partner with Access Bank to become Access Closa
1) You must have a visible business location that is easily accessible. It could be an existing shop even in front of your apartment
2) You must have a minimum working capital of ₦50,000, if you have more than N50K that will be a plus for your operations
3) You must have a valid means of identification that is recognised by the government
4) PHCN or any other utility bill
You can register as an individual (unregistered business) or corporate body. The corporate body must provide evidence of registration.
Economic Benefits of Being Access Closa Agent
- If you’re consistent with your business, you can apply for an SME loan of the bank at: https://infomediang.com/access-bank-loans
- You stand a chance of winning cash ranging from N20K to N100K in its agents’ promo.
- Walk into the Access Bank branch near you
- Speak to customer relation unit to request Access Closa agent application form
- Fill the form and attach a photocopy of your means of ID
- Open agent’s account with the bank if you don’t have one
- Wait for account activation and your agent ID and banners to begin operation