Last updated on January 15th, 2024 at 08:13 pm
Getting SMEDAN certificate for your business and including your business name in its database can give you access to lots of benefits, including access to business masterclasses, grants, and loans.
Table of Contents
- It means Small and Medium Enterprises Development Agency of Nigeria (you can check SMEDAN’s core mandates in Nigeria).
- SMEDAN certificate and CAC certificate serve different purposes. The certificate has its advantages even if you can’t use it in a bank for a loan.
- Its certificate is free and available online in PDF format
In this post, we will show you the process of getting SMEDAN certificate for free online and how to link your BVN to SMEDAN to get an added advantage.
How To Apply for SMEDAN Certificate for FREE
Do you want SMEDAN to include a certificate of business registration in your portal? Here is how to get started:
- Enter the SMEDAN registration link: smedanregister.ng/register into a browser.
- On the first page, enter details of your business such as Business Name, Phone Number, Emil address, password and verify the password
- On the business details page, enter details such as business premises you operate from, business type, product or service, CAC registration status, business by assets value, number of staff, business owner information, and business address.
- Fill details of your business industries and your business description.
- Upon completion of the online form, hit the submit button
- Check inbox for your SMEDAN Unique Identification Number (SUIN).
Who can get SUIN?
Whether your business is registered by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) or not, you can register on the SMEDAN portal provided you operate any form of legitimate business in Nigeria.
NOTE: Most times, priority is given to businesses that are registered with corporate affairs.
How To Download Your SMEDAN Certificate
You should get the download link in your inbox during the confirmation stage, click the link to download, if not find it in your portal by following this process:
- Head back to the login page
- Enter your user ID, you can use your Phone Number or your SMEDAN Number
- Enter your password and click sign in
- On the dashboard, click, “view certificate”
- Hover your mouse on the download button
- The PDF format of SMEDAN certificate will be downloaded on your device.
Can I use SMEDAN certificate in bank?
You can’t use SMEDAN certificate to apply for a loan in any Nigerian bank. You can only use CAC certificate to apply for a loan in a bank.
What is the use of SMEDAN certificate?
SMEDAN certificate is simply evidence that your business is already in its database.
The certificate also gives you access to private sector benefits such as educational content and consultancy to top-notch professionals.
Is SMEDAN registration free?
Application for any of the SMEDAN loans is free and its certificate is free.
How do I get my SMEDAN certificate after registration?
The download link of your certificate will be emailed to you, click it to download. Alternatively, you can login to your dashboard to download it.
How much is SMEDAN grant?
SMEDAN grant is based on available amount at its disposal. There is no specific amount at any specific time.
SMEDAN was created to help you and your business irrespective of how small it is by providing you with the right tools for faster growth.
We urge you to register your business and join thousands of Nigerians who are already enjoying loans and funding benefits, through the efforts put in place by SMEDAN.