Last updated on September 29th, 2022 at 01:07 pm
Don’t copy and paste other people’s work, be creative, listen and read news, create your own unique content from it, head straight to the hub, and hit publish. You can earn as much as N500, 000 if you can perfectly do this.
While you continue to create content and earn on the hub, in another guide, we added another four foreign platforms where you can find work-from-home writing jobs, you can find it at: https://infomediang.com/content-creation-platforms-nigeria-make-money
In case you don’t know, Opera News Hub has stepped up from creating just any content (when it was launched in 2019) to original and quality content.
Being an original content creator on the opera news hub is one of the best work-from-home jobs in Nigeria.
Just the way US residents can make some dollars by being content creators on medium.com, Nigerian residents and five other African countries can now write creative content and make as much as they wish.
The hub is a brainchild of Opera Inc.
Let me take you on a journey to financial independence on how to work from home and receive your earnings via your Opay account and how to withdraw it to your bank account.
Why you should start creating original content
Every content you create on the hub will be accessible to all Opera News App users. The app already has more than 1billion users.
It is ranked number 1 on the Google Play stores in Nigeria, Kenya, Ghana, and Tanzania. Opera News App is the most downloaded app in Nigeria. So, you’re definitely in the right place to make some money. Ready to get started?
Requirements To Be an Original Content Creator
- Full name
- Functional email address
- Phone number
- Ability to write original content.
How to register on Opera News Hub
To start creating original content, follow the steps below:
- Sign up for opera news hub at https://hub.opera.com/
- Login to your Facebook account
- Use the Facebook account to sign up
- Confirm your details
- Create your username on the wemedia information page
- Choose your preferred category (area of interest for your content)
- Upload your photo
- Write a short description about yourself or about what your followers and prospective readers should expect from your page
- Click next to the following details: legal name choose country, phone number
- Click Confirm
- Wait for your account to undergo review. In less than 24 hours it should be up and running.
- Start creating content, publish and earn
How to publish your first post
- Login to your account
- Click on “CREATE ARTICLE” Tips: You can first create your content on Word Doc, when you are done with the editing, you can copy and paste on the create article space.
- Upload photo in your content
- Scroll down to choose the right category for your content
- Use tags
- Preview if you like, and then hit publish.
Wow! You just a step away from earning from your writing. However, you will have to be patient for a few minutes for your post to pass through the quality control unit before it’s live.
Opera News Hub Rules You Need to Follow To Prevent Your Article From Being Rejected
Kindly read the guidelines and abide by them before you hit the publish button. Consistent rejection may lead to frustration. You may also find the following tips useful so as to avoid your article from being rejected:
1) Don’t publish divisive articles e.g “Steps on how Biafra can achieve their freedom” It will be rejected.
2) If you continue violating the rules of the hub, you may be suspended.
3) Indicate on your headline when writing an opinion piece, let the word, ‘opinion’ come first EG
- Why Buhari May Not Support A Northern Presidential Candidate in 2023 (Opinion) WRONG
- Opinion: Why Buhari May Not Support A Northern Presidential Candidate in 2023 ACCEPTED
4) Indicate on your headline when writing a fictional story, let the word, “Fiction” come first EG
- How I Spent 10 Years With A Man Who Kidnapped My Father (Fiction) REJECTED
- Fiction: How I Spent 10 Years With A Man Who Kidnapped My Father ACCEPTED
NOTE: Write a fiction story that teaches moral
5) Don’t use the article rewriting tool, if you do it WILL be rejected
6) Avoid symbols in your headline
7) Don’t copy from another platform. Be creative. Copy and paste content will not bring in enough money for you. And you may be suspended.
8) Don’t use gory images in your content or as featured image. Photos of a dead body and someone with a serious bodily injury will be rejected.
9) Don’t use blur images as your featured photo
10) Make sure your headline is grammatical correct
11) Read your content to be sure it doesn’t contain factual and grammatical errors
12) Spell people’s names well. Nigeria’s president is Muhammadu Buhari NOT Mohammad Buhari, take note.
It’s Lai Mohammed NOT Lia Muhammed
13) Check your facts and figures in your analysis
14) Don’t publish stake news.
15) Avoid publishing defamatory content against anyone.
16) Stay away from publishing news of any group that has been proscribed by the government.
17) You can’t publish everything someone says on social media. For instance, if the opposition party calls the president “stupid”, opera news hub will not approve such content
How to earn more and win a bonus
- Choose a topic or category that is exciting to Nigerians
- Be simple as much as possible to connect your content with your audience
- Share your content with your followers on WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, and social mediaplatforms.
- Encourage your followers to read and share your content
- Choose a controversial topic, but be objective as much as you can so that you trigger your readers to air their views. If you’re going to take a side, do it sparingly.
- If you’re writing about sports, it is advisable to go for popular sports or league. English Premier League, La Liga and other popular leagues will earn you more readers. Writing about Saudi Arabia League, or Russia League may get you little or no audience in Nigeria.
- Avoid defamation in your content in order to scale through the quality control unit.
- You can install Grammarly on your device in order to minimize grammatical errors in your content.
- Make your content interactive, like asking about your readers’ views at the end.
You’ve published some content and it’s time to get paid, you don’t have to worry about bank delay. Your earnings will automatically be credited into your Opay wallet, which is the official payment platform for opera news hub content creators.
How To Link Opera Hub to OPay account For Payment
Payment is made easy for content creators via OPay wallet. This means you will have to create an account and link to your hub profile page.
Usually, you should have completed these steps during account setup, but if skipped it, follow these guides to receive your payment in your wallet.
The traffic bonus will be based on how many clicks one article gets.
- Step 1: First download Opay App from Google Playstore and verify your account
- Step 2: On your opera hub dashboard home page, Click “Account”
- Step 3: Scroll down and click Link Account
The first 10-digit of your phone number is your OPay Account Number e.g if your phone number is 08000000001, then your Opay account number will be 8000000001.
Click on SAVE, that’s all your Opera News Hub account is linked to your OPay account.
You can begin to receive your payment when you’re qualified.
NOTE: Please make sure you fill in the correct payment withdrawal information. You shall bear all losses that result from any errors in the payment account information provided by you.
How to get paid
It’s advisable to download Opay Mobile Wallet which is also owned by Opera.
To benefit from quick disbursement of your opera news earning, simply link your Opera News Hub account to your Opay Wallet.
Please note that you have to link your opera news account with your opay account for you to receive payment as quickly as possible.
How to Transfer Your Earning from Opay Wallet to Bank Account
When you receive your Opera News Hub earning in Opay account, the next is how to withdraw it or possibly cash out. In this guide, I’ll show you how to make a transfer from Opay wallet to a bank account.
You can only withdraw cash from Opay wallet when the money is in your bank account.
There are several reasons who may want to withdraw your money from your wallet to your bank account
- If your friend transfers a certain amount to you
- If you receive earnings from Opera News Hub
Follow the steps below
Note: First download Opay app
- Step 1: Log in to opay app
- Step 2: From the homepage are three options, I) transfer to opay, II) transfer to the bank, III) transfer to friends
- Step 3: Click on “Bank” option which you can find in the middle depending on the kind of device you’re using.
- Step 4:Click bank name to select your preferred destination bank from the drop-down menu. All banks are listed.
- Step 5: Enter the account number, and input the amount you want to transfer, other spaces are optional.
- Step 6: Click done and check the details of the destination account and the name of the person you want to transfer to. Be sure so that you don’t transfer to the wrong bank account.
Confirm your transfer.
That’s all. Within a few seconds, your bank account should be credited.
That’s how to transfer from Opay account to your bank account within minutes.
10 things we love about Opera News Hub Nigeria
- It doesn’t hinder your present job, it’s flexible. You’re free to work at your own pace. You could choose to write and publish just two articles or more per week, depending on your work schedule.
- It is a reward for passion.
- It also means you can begin to make extra cash from your social media following.
- Write interesting articles, publish on your Opera News Hub account, share with your followers and get paid from the traction of your content
- You work remotely, from your workplace, from home or anywhere you are, you have access to an Opera News Hub dashboard.
- Apart from earning, it also gives you more opportunities to reach a wider audience. This is because your content will be live on Opera News App. Opera News App has over 50 million downloads on Google Playstore ALONE and several millions of readers on the App every day.
- You connect with the rest of the world through Opera News Hub.
- It is an opportunity to sell or market yourself. This is because you can gain thousands of followers right within the app provided you’re able to connect with them through your content.
- Opera News Hub is legally binding. That is there is a document to sign meaning you are protected just like the owners of Opera.
- To me, it also looks like a way of saying THANK YOU to the Nigerian market which is the largest in Africa.
We received a few questions from prospective and existing content creators, check here for answers:
How can I know if I’ve been suspended on the Opera News Hub?
To simple way to know you’ve been suspended is that you won’t be able to publish on the hub again.
If it’s suspension, you could get back to hub. If it’s a serious violation, you may not be able to access the account again.
How to share posts from Opera News Hub to other social media platforms
One of the ways to make your content go viral is to choose a trending topic and to share it with friends on Facebook, Twitter, Telegram and other social media platforms.
To share your content,
- Download Opera News App,
- Login to the app to access your dashboard
- Click the post you want to share
- Below every post is a social share button, click it and share
What is the best way to copy and paste your own article on Opera News Hub?
Copying and pasting articles on the hub is not allowed. If you republish your old post as a fresh article, you will be caught and be penalized.
Opera News Hub encourages fresh and interesting content, so, steer clear of publishing plagiarised and old content that has no new angle.
Does Opera News Hub allow creators to do affiliate marketing?
Affiliate marketing isn’t not allowed on Opera News Hub, such content will be treated as advertisement.
How many violations will earn me suspension as a creator on Opera News Hub?
How to contact Opera News Hub Support Centre:
The channel is active on social media in case you encounter an issue in the course of your registration.
- Twitter: @OperaHubSupport
- Facebook: @OperaNewsHub
When did you start creating content on the hub? Share your experience here
99 thoughts on “How To Make N500K Per Month On Opera News Hub By Creating Original Content”
Okay I don’t understand this,how does this work
I’m happy and really proud to work with opera hub
Please is there any whatapp group chat for all opera news hub writers
Hello admin, I already signed up with my E-mail address is there a way to change it to my Facebook account.
Please I need help
On Opera News Title Article
It asking me of ( title must be between 20 and 100 characters long)
I have try my best
But still giving me same thing
Please how should I put it
For my Article to upload
Do Opera News hub pay per article or the clicks you have
Please Admin do opera news hubs pay on the 1 of month?
I can’t publish, anytime I write an article they’ll tell me that I’ve reached my daily limit.
Pls admin, I am having issues with connecting my account number to my opay wallet and what I use is android phone, pls I need an advice
The phone number you’re trying to connect must be active to be connected to your Opay account. First, download the Opay app and sign up, then connect the phone number to your hub account
Can I link my blog to my opera contents?
But I can’t publish more than one article per day
I guess you’re on level 1. Write more original contents and be consistent, you MAY be upgraded thereby increasing the number of posts you can publish per day.
Pls can I have publish without using any social media like facebook or twitter
Yes. You can use your email address. But I think social media (Facebook) is the best.
Please how can I register on the Opera mini news hub account, because I have a lot of stories that I will like to share .
Use hub.opera.com/login to register
I posted only one article trying to post another one but it’s saying you have reached daily limits.why?
The number of article depends on the grade of your account level, so I learnt. One of the hub writers said the number of articles you post per day may increase base on your continued performance: continue to post original articles, avoid bad articles, and abide by the hub’s rules.
I have downloaded the opéra news hub how can i start writing my articles
I mistakenly deleted my opera news app I have downloaded another one but I am unable to trace my account what shall I do?
Login with your facebook account and search for your wemedia name.
Helo, av not been able to submit more than one article a day, what could possibly go wrong?
I think accounts are based on rank. Maybe your rank can’t do more than one article per day.
How does one become a signed writer?
Publish unique and original articles and be consistent
Please how do I change the picture I used to open my Opera news hub account
So based on what is written up there, if your followers isn’t up to 1000 , you can’t write?
Followers no longer a requirement.
Good day sir..
Pls I would like to ask what that monetization button is for on the website and when it will unlock because it has been displaying “feature coming soon” when I keep trying to click on it.
And again, are there chances of me getting paid on the 15th of this month, I just started at the beginning of this month but I’ve been getting enough comments and clicks (like over 100 comments per article).
Pls how can I combine my two accounts?
I first registered one account but after having published many articles I decided not to use the tag mane againg, so I opened a new account with the username I prefer.
Now I don’t want to have two accounts. How can I marry them, or can I maintain the two accounts?
Hello admin my account was disqualified from publishing articles related to COVID-19 and Politics. Please can I get this fixed
1. You said you write 5 articles per day. How do you find ideas or topics on what to write about?
2. Do you submit your articles all at once or you submit them individually at different times of the day?
1) Ideas are on Twitter (tweets by prominent people like politicians, public affairs analysts etc); you can also find useful ideas on national dailies, or ideas from your conversation with people. Ideas are everywhere.
2) You could draft your contents when you’re free and publish at once if your article isn’t time-bound.
If you’re jumping on breaking news, it means you’d have to publish as you’re done for it to get the impressions/clicks.
It’s always great to get the news across to your potential reader when the news is hot and fresh.
I want to join but my problem is I don’t have up to 1000 influencer on Instagram and Twitter but I have more than 1000 friends on Facebook.
Please. Enroll me in. Can you?
Hello Benjamin, you don’t really need to have that number of followers any longer. Check for the registration link here, start creating original and engaging content and start earning.
Register HERE: hub.opera.com/home/publish
Please i don’t understand o, the TIN they are asking for in the dashboard without it won’t they pay me? Cus i feel that should be for signed writer, as some of us are students who might work for a while and stop
Contact FIRS or JBT office near you.
I tried to publish an article this evening and it’s displaying “article text error” what could that mean I’m confused.
Try log out and sign in again. First save as draft.
How can I upload videos on opera news hub
Copy the video URL and paste the link in your post, that’s all.
The video link?
Example please!!! Because this is were I get confused most.
Please most of my article always get rejected why?
Read the rules and regulations. Avoid using Breaking News in your headline, don’t copy other people’s content, don’t use someone’s photo unless it is related to the story etc. Please follow OperaNewsHubAcademy on the app to read more about the rules guiding the Hub.
Pls most of my article always get rejected why?
Nice article, just registered but were it says Opay account number, the information requested for 11 digit number and not 10; so I input My Opay phone number.
You’re good to go.
Please how do I insert video in my article?
Get the video link and paste inside your article.
Why is my article still being test online for so long?
Hey Eric, when your article shows test online you need not be bothered provided it complies with the rules. It’ll surely show your data again once it’s passed. Keep calm.
I don’t understand.. must I download a form and upload back? I can’t edit my account number.. pls help..
One of my articles has reached 10k clicks and now its showing test online.. What does that mean and also I’m unable to see the withdrawal, how do I know the money is intact. When is the payment
Please, my shared articles when opened does not take me or anyone else through the app to read the story. It just opens without any option to comment or make any reaction on the post. I’m afraid that the views are not counted. Please what could be the problem?
Please contact the support centre.
When you shared an issue, the link first takes the reader to a browser, from there he has an option to continue the reading on the app. Will put an article up about this.
I can’t see the withdrawal option on my dashboard. So I want to know if the payments are done automatically.
It’s automatic. You’ll receive Payment in your Opay Wallet if you’re qualified for payment
Am kindof confuse, after opening Opay account and been verified, is it a most to still scan yout details and send it to opera news gmail account for verification
You mean Opay? Opera News doesn’t ask for such except a special case. And you only required to this on Opay for KYC for an upgrade
Good day l sign up for the opera news hub and l have been approved. The problem here is that will my title be approved before l get to write the full article.
Begin writing your headline and full story. All the best.
Good day. Please, I’d like to know if it is compulsory one connects an opay account because I didn’t do that and my account was verified. If it is mandatory, please, I’d like to know how to go about it.
Also, my first post is still under “Test Online”. I don’t really understand that. It has been there for hours now.
Opay Wallet is the mode of payment. Download Opay App to create an account, and go back to your Opera News Hub Account, scroll down and click on link with Opay. That’s all.
If your post reads “Test online” it means your post must pass through the final review before you begin to see the impression and clicks of your post.
“Test online means your post is being evaluated by Opera News users. You will have to successfully engage them in order to get your content published.”
Thank you very much.
But there’s nothing like “link with opay”.
When you land at the page it says login with Facebook, on the opera news hub page, change your website to desktop version. Then login. You will see home, content library account etc. Click account and scroll down, you will see link your opay account. Was this helpful?
So have started writing already and its saying published…but am yet to receive any contract signed and am scared I might not get paid at the end of the month…Am I good to go or I still need to sign a contract..plssss kindly reply
You don’t need to be signed before you get paid based on your article. Lots of unsigned writes had been paid since the programme started and they will continue to be paid in as much the programme remains. Pls go ahead and create superb contents.
Good morning, pls I try to apply for the on going writing competition. But this the response I get that I don’t have permission to use the URL. Pls help. Thanks
Use another browser
Good morning pls if am approved on registration.
1. What is the next thing to do? 2.And pls help to look into this calculation thing. One of my advert is 5.9k click won’t I get paid on it? Or must it be from 10k click per article before one receives his pay?
3. Hope we that started in December will get paid too?
From 10K views and above. If you have an article that generated less than that, it isn’t calculated for you.
I used mobile opere mini to create an opere news hub account but I am stick at profile picture upload …how can I successfully upload profile picture so I can complete my account and start
Please I don’t know what exactly the problem I have been publishing since few days now and my viewer’s is over 2m each of my post but I haven’t get anything yet on my opay account, could you please tell me what May be the problem?
If you started posting in December, you’ll be paid on or before January 15 if you reached the payment threshold.
It’s N360 per 10k views on your post. Earning is calculated based on the views of each post not the aggregate of your entire post.
Please read all our previous post on Opera News Hub on how to calculate your earning.
What is the minimum payout on hub opera news?
I started this year 2021
All the best
Happy New Month and wishing us all good tidings and more achievements this month and beyond.
I’d like to ask is there a total change in the contract signed? For in the contract it was stated that one would be paid fixed fee per article regardless the engagement as long as the person writes up to 10 or 20 articles. But the dashboard is saying different, that one wouldn’t get paid for fixed fee but by engagements alone.
I am confused Sir or Ma’am
is the payment automatic because no withdrawal option on the dashboard.
Payment is made through OPay Wallet. You need to download OPay App from the store. Your phone number becomes your account number.
Pls, how is the payment will it be done automatically because there is no space to request for cash on the dash board.
Are you sure you’ve been approved by News Hub Team? If YES, payment is made through OPay Wallet.
Thanks for your article, It’s really inspiring. My question is this, how can I boost my facebook fans in order to qualify to apply? Secondly must I have accounts with both twitter and instagram or any one social media could serve? Thanks
You don’t necessarily need to have all the social media accounts. One is enough to get you qualified.
However, at the time of this response, you need to be a SUPER celeb in a specific field for your application to be considered.
Regarding facebook friends, I’m not sure that feature is available on Facebook. You can only boost your Facebook page to get more followers or a specific post on your page.
I made a mistake while filling my account,i wrote my O’pay account name instead of the O’pay account number. Since, I’ve been trying to edit it but to no reach.
Where should i go in order to edit my account?
If you’re finding it difficult to edit the info, kindly use the support. See below this article for opera news hub twitter handle.
Good day..I recently registered on this platform as an article writer and my articles got published..
Question now is ,would I be contacted by their team before I become an influencers or there’s a certain level I must get to…I have seen people who became influencers a week after joining the platform..
And also ,how does the payment work?
Someone from Opera will contact you and mail the terms and condition to you. However, a source said they are now focusing on celebrities and those who are highly influential in a specific industry. Celebs have upper hand now.
I need some clarifications on the format that one needs to follow because I’ve written two articles and it been disproved saying the article is of irregular format whereas out of the three I wrote one was approved…
What’s the format please?
Please check this article again. The format is clearly stated. Some of them include: Article must be original, Must not contain affiliate links or sales pitch. In case you’re still having problem get your article approved, kindly contact @OperaHubSupport.
Hi, I cannot login as it’s just static
Contact the support centre @OperaHubSupport on Twitter.
Please, how can I download the registration form. I’ve already registered and published one article. How do I make it official.
Use the social media handle.
Hello, I’d be very grateful if you guys are responsive to my query as this is d only avenue I know to contact u. I Published a post on my Opera News Hub account, worryingly, I get this: “Your article was removed due to violation of community guidelines.”
Did you include “do-follow” links? Or did you include affiliate links or a link back to your own blog? We urge you to take your time to go through the T&C to know the articles that allowed on the platform.
Please contact the support centre right on Twitter and Facebook.