Are you an entrepreneur and not more than 30-year old? You could have your business in front of millions of potential customers around the world with the First City Monument Bank (FCMB) Flexxpreneur of The Month.
While Nigeria’s foremost bank is encouraging undergraduates to embrace entrepreneurship, we put together 30 sources for students to set up business on campus, you can find them at: https://infomediang.com/funds-for-student-to-start-business
The bank which is one of the financial institutions that supports small businesses in Nigeria says the initiative is designed to motivate SMEs across the country.
It is on record that some big companies like Facebook, Yahoo, Google among others started as small businesses, but today, they are have dominated the tech space.
Interestingly, most of the big companies began operation when their founders were students.
“Following the steps of top business owners in the world, a large number of students have already started their own small businesses while in school”
Aim of FCMB Flexxpreneur
- To motivate startups
- To encourage student entrepreneurs
- To encourage prospective business owners that it pays be your own boss
- It is designed at profiling young business owners
- To give young business owners a platform to share their stories, ideas, challenges, goals, and wins
- To expose them to ideas that could spur them to achieve their dreams
How to take part in FCMB Flexxpreneur Of The Month
1) You must nominate yourself or nominate your colleague
2) Wait for an invitation to participate which is “Calls to Participate”, which will be done on FCMB social media channels
3) If you received the call to participate, you will be requested to send the following details:
- High-resolution images of themselves and their products/services
- List of their social media handles
- Answers to their interview questions
- Duly signed Flexxpreneur Agreement
- Past Winners
Some of the past winners of the initiative are:
- Kaosarah Abdulrasaq Adeyi
- Basmallah Akomolafe
- Fisayo Ajomale
- Charles Chinoso
- Daniella Enuoyibo
- Michael Abiodun Nifemi
- Busari Aderonke Adesewa
- Okoh Amaka Goodness
- Edward Gojere
One of the beneficiaries of the initiative Basmallah, the Founder of Career Corner NG. Her firm is a human capital Ed Tech media firm that provides training and development services to entry-level young professionals on workplace readiness.
The graduate of History and International Studies from the University of Ilorin, who started her business in 2018 said she was inspired to helping entry-level young professionals secure job of their dream with reputable firms.
You can keep up with the updates on FCMB social media channels at: