Last Updated on February 1, 2021 by Ope Quadri
Remitano is a peer-to-peer cryptocurrency trading platform. In this guide, we’ll show you how to buy and sell bitcoin, ethereum on ramitano.
Remitano provides escrowed peer-to-peer marketplace where digital coins buyers and sellers can trade at a lower price and with the presence of a 24/7 friendly customer care support.
In this guide, we’ll also show you how you change country from USA (or other country) to Nigeria on your account with remitano.
Remitano Supported countries
Remitano is supported in more than 40 countries across the World. It’s indeed a global cryptocurrency trading platform.
Remitano Supported African countries:
It is supported in more 11 African countries at the time of compiling this report.
- South Africa
- Cote d’ivoire
- Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC)
Others countries where Remitano is supported
- United Kingdom,
- New Zealand,
- United States,
What to do before trading on Remitano
- Select your country of choice (from the drop-down menu)
- All sellers’ reputation is displayed in their profile, so it’s best to choose a more reputable seller when trading
- Find out the seller’s transaction history to learn more about their past transactions
What to look out for in sellers’ qualifications for a positive reputation are:
- Verified identity
- Minimum of 30 trades
- 98% positive feedback score (from a minimum of 10 persons)
- At least of 2 months of active trading
- Acceptable delivery time.
How to buy bitcoin on Remitano
- Step 1: Account set up. The first thing is you need to create an account on Remitano.com using a valid e-mail address
- Step 2: Check your email to confirm it
- Step 3: Login back to your account, this time to verify your phone number and upload the necessary documents in order to have full access to features on remitano.
- Step 4: When login, on top of the page, click on “SETTING”
Click on verify phone number. Input your phone number, a code would be sent to you, enter it to complete phone number verification
Upload the necessary documents and click on UPDATE PROFILE
If you like you can connect any of your social media accounts to your profile, but this is optional.
- Step 5: For security reasons, above your profile is Authy Authentication click on it to choose which authentication you want .
I prefer Google Authenticator, which you can download on your android phone (Google authenticator (See installation guide here).
- Step 6: Click on BTC wallet
- Step 7: From the options: withdrawal, deposit, and history, click on deposit to copy your BTC wallet address.
A bitcoin address looks like Gtt2jvgajha7Fg7afajjad6y2Qgjhaiav. Copy your own BTC wallet address.
- Step 8: Return to the buy/sell btc.
On top of the page click on BUY/SELL BTC, on that page scroll down to see the list of sellers in your country.
Payment Method: Payment methods accepted on Remitano include: Bank/Wire Transfer/online banking transfer/Credit/debit card
- Step 9: Click on buy now
- Step 10: Enter the amount you want to buy and enter the btc address you copied in step 7 above.
Remitano will automatically search for the vendor ready to sell your selected portion.
- Step 11: Run through the available sellers to choose.
Check the trading range of the seller and click on the one that suits your purpose. And click on BUY NOW
The above guide is the same process of buying ethereum on remitano, the only change is the selection of the crypto you want to purchase
“You will have 15 minutes to pay the seller and click the ‘I have paid seller’ button. If you pay seller but don’t click ‘I have paid seller’ within 15 minutes, we will refund the seller’s Bitcoin and you will lose money.”
Read and click on the “AGREE” button as you proceed to make payment. And allow next page loads the account details of the seller to pay into.
Make your payment and return to the page to click on I have paid seller, or you cancel the trade if there is a correction to make.
Your account will be funded. The transaction is protected by escrow service on remitano, so both the seller and buyers are secured.
Allow for some minutes, check your remitano btc wallet (or any other wallet you wanted to be funded)
That’s all; you just bought bitcoin on remitano.
How to sell bitcoin on remitano
- Step 1: Follow the steps in buy BTC above from step 1 to 6 and click on SELL BITCOIN option
- Step 2: Enter the value of BTC you want to sell
- Step 3: A list of buyers will displayed, select your preferred seller
- Step 4: Enter your bank account details in which you want the person you’re selling to pay
Follow the instructions to receive your payment and click on receive payment for the btc to be released to the buyer.
Whether you’re buying bitcoin or ethereum on remitano, or you’re selling any of the cryptocurrency on the platform, it can be done less than five minutes, fast and quick.
Transaction fees on remitano
Transaction fees is transparent, make sure you check how much you’d be charged when carrying out a transaction on the remitano cryptocurrency platform.
There are two major trading security measures on remitano to ensure a secure trading, viz:
- Reputation system
The reputation rank of each trader is made public; this includes their trade history, how fast they complete their transaction, and how a seller has been rated by a buyer.
When any user-buyer or seller-opens up a transaction, Remitano Escrow Service hold the funds until either buyer or seller performs his own part.
My trading experience on remitano
I had smooth trading on remitano. However, ensure that your btc wallet address is correct before sending it to the vendor you’re buying from. Once transaction is executed on the blockchain, it’s irreversible.
Remitano vendors are responsive to trade with.
How to change your country from USA (or other country) to Nigeria on your account with remitano.
Very simple: Send a request to change your country of residence or trading to the support team by providing enough information about why you want to change.
You must be able to prove that you’re the true owner of the account.
Sometimes it takes longer time to respond to an inquiry. When chatting with remitano support team, stick to one ticket, that is when you opened a chat with one of the online support team, be patient till he/she responds to your inquiry.
Opening two or multiple chats at a time is likely to get the support team confused.
Trade responsibly, cryptocurrency investment is volatile. Don’t invest what you can’t lose, that’s one of the crypto investment advise I can offer you.