Wondering how possible it is to get hired by simply uploading a video “about you” and what value you can add to a hiring company? TikTok, a video-sharing social media platform says it is possible to get your dream job through your video on its platform.
Called TikTok video resumes, you are invited to check through job listings and summarise in a short video why you believe that you are the perfect person for the job.
If the TikTok video resume is yet to be available in your country, you can check the HR-certified CV format at: https://infomediang.com/latest-cv-format-in-nigeria
Is the feature available in my country?
At the time of this report, TikTok Resumes is only available in the United States. It started accepting video resumes for U.S. job openings from July 7 and it will through July 31, 2021
Its success in the U.S. may see the feature penetrate the United Kingdom, Canada, and other countries around the world where video-sharing social media is popular.
In a release the TikTok says:
“We’re teaming up with select companies and inviting job seekers to apply for entry-level to experienced positions with some of the world’s most sought-after employers, including Chipotle, Target, WWE, Alo Yoga, Shopify, Contra, Movers+Shakers, and many more, with a TikTok video resume.”
It encouraged interested candidates to creatively showcase their skillsets and experiences, using the hashtag #TikTokResumes in their caption when publishing their video resume to TikTok.
Reasons for the launch
1) To use TikTok, not just for fun, but to also turn it into a job recruitment platform in a fun and professional manner.
2) The new initiative makes TikTok the first video-sharing platform where job seekers can submit resumes in video format rather than the conventional A4 papers.
3) To enhance the utility of the platform as a channel for job recruitment.
4) For employers to first have virtual one-on-one of what jobs seekers are planning to add to the company’s value.
How to submit your video resumes
Through tiktokresumes.com you can upload your short video to apply for a job in a specific role.
- Sign up for a TikTok account
- Upload video CV
- Tell hiring managers about you
- What you’ve worked on
- What you’re currently working on
- Why you should be hired
Employers would be able to access the uploaded video using #TikTokResumes, through which they contact and shortlist their preferred candidate for an interview.
You can watch Makena Yee’s TikTok video resumes at: https://email@example.com/video/6958301625836375301
Video CV is going to be a game-changer in the human resource sector. Not just that, the TikTok new initiative is going to be a huge challenge to a professional platform like LinkedIn which is popular among job recruiters.