Last updated on March 5th, 2023 at 02:41 pm
The Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) has officially added Limited Liability Partnerships (LLPs) And Limited Partnerships (LPs) And Deployment Of The Registration Solutions On Company Registration Portal (CRP)
This is a follow-up to the announcement of the commission on August 19 that it would be adding registrations of two new forms of business in Nigeria provided by the Companies and Allied Matters Act, CAMA 2020.
- Limited Partnership (LP)
- Limited Liability Partnership (LLP)
The Registrar General of the CAC, Alhaji Garba Abubakar, had said while declaring open a Stakeholders forum in Port Harcourt, Rivers State that:
“We are making arrangements to deploy a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software to interact with customers and resolve their challenges within 24hrs”.
The Registrar General while giving a scorecard of the commission stated that the filing of Statement of Affairs and Biannual Statements were now conducted seamlessly on the Companies Registration Portal.
Below are the highlights of what the CAC boss said:
1) All forms of Post incorporation filings are now available online 24 hours a day on the CAC company registration portal.
2) CAC no longer entertain filing of Share transfer
3) Information on Persons with significant control (PSC) is available free of charge on the CAC website in line with the global Anti Money Laundering requirements.
Why CAC Declined Certain Names for Registration
The key reasons for the declining the registration of the certain name, according to Abubakar, are:
- If the name has security implications, it would be rejected
- If the name is deceptive or misleading
- If the name is abstract, it would be declined.
To avoid name rejection, the CAC boss advised applicants to always approach the commission with fully qualified names that agree with objects of the association or organization applying for registration.
As par query reasons, he admonished the applicant to always address the issue before re-submitting such for a review by the CAC technical team just the way we pointed out in one of our guides on how to resolve some of the query reasons which is accessible at: https://infomediang.com/cac-queried-registration
He also advised the applicant or companies to always read the guidelines for registration to avoid issues that might arise in the process of registration.
He promised to step up its game to quickly resolve customer complaints.
Recalled that the commission began its online registration fully as a response to the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic.