Last Updated on July 25, 2021 by Ope Quadri
The Public Relations Unit of the Nigeria Police Force (NPF) is currently being managed by Frank Mba, one of the most accomplished police officers in Nigeria.
The eloquent and orator Mba was appointed the Force Public Relations Officer by the former Police IG Muhammed Adamu.
Mba’s appointment makes him the 24th Force PRO of NPF, the full list is available at: https://infomediang.com/force-public-relations-officer-npf
Biography of Frank Mba
- Full Name: Frank Mba
- Home town: Ezimo
- State of Origin: Enugu
- LGA of origin: Udenu Local Government Area
- Course of study: Law
- Former school: University of Lagos, Akoka; University of Dundee, Scotland.
Frank Mba Now A Police Commissioner
The Force Public Relations Officer, Frank Mba, is now a Commissioner of Police, he was among other officers whose promotions were announced on December 19, 2020, in Abuja.
On Wednesday, December 30, 2020, he was decorated with the new rank at the Force Headquarters in Abuja by the Inspector General of Police Muhammed Adamu.
Below are some of the things we know about Frank Mba, the incumbent Force PRO, who was appointed on January 16, 2019, to replace Jimoh Moshood.
Frank E. Mba (Force PRO)
Frank Mba studied law at the University of Lagos and was called to the Nigerian bar in 2002.
He also has a Master’s Degree in Law from the University of Dundee, Scotland, and a Certificate in National and International Security from Harvard University, USA.
Frank Mba State of Origin: The new force spokesman hails from Ezimo in Udenu Local Government Area of Enugu State.
During his set at the police cadet college, he graduated as the best cadet inspector in academics at the Police Academy, Kano, in 1993.
His diligence and brilliance has been paying off ever since he joined the law enforcement agency as he rose up the police ladder.
Frank Mba current rank:
Below is how the eloquent Mba climbed the police ladder in ascending order:
- Assistant Superintendent of Police (ASP) in 1999,
- Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) in 2003,
- Superintendent of Police (SP) in 2006
- Chief Superintendent of Police (CSP) in 2012,
- Assistant Commissioner of Police (ACP).
- Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP) in March 2019
- Commissioner of Police (CP) December 19, 2020 (Current Rank)
He replaces erstwhile Force Public Relations Officer, Jimoh Moshood,
Frank Mba was a former police PRO in Lagos before he was moved to the force headquarters where he acted as the force PRO between 2012 to 2014.
When he was the force PRO, he addressed critical issues confronting the country.
One of such issues he spoke on was, “Why Boko Haram use female suicide bombers in attacks” at the National Information Centre, Abuja
He was apt on the issue, according to him female suicide bombers are less suspicious.
“Established international terror organisations use female suicide bombers, the major reason is that women generally raise fewer suspicion, particularly when there are security layers.
“If you have been following the trend of terrorism worldwide, you will understand that the use of a female suicide bomber is not new.
“But, it is a new trend in our own part of the world”, he said.
The force spokesperson, however, said a new counter-terrorism strategy was being developed to address the new trend in the country.
“We are developing counter-terrorism strategies to deal with that.
“By our rules of engagement and by our culture too, male security operatives generally are not allowed to search females.
“You will see an increase in female security personnel on roads and in other places where stop and search exercises are being carried out.
“Nigerians should be prepared to see more female police officers, bomb disposal experts, DSS operatives and soldiers in combat operations’’, he said.
Congratulations to Frank Mba, one of the most brilliant police officers Nigeria has ever produced.
CP Frank Mba is one of the most accomplished force public relations officers the Nigeria Police Force has ever produced.
When we say, “most accomplished” we know exactly what we’re talking about. The fact that most Nigerians believe that the NPF has such an ugly reputation, when Mba comes on national TV everyone falls in love with him and the institution he represents.
Frank Mba’s Contact Details:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone number: 08038375844
Reputable schools/training institutes Mba attended:
- University of Lagos where: studied Law.
- Nigeria Police Academy, Kano: Police training
- University of Dundee, Scotland- United Kingdom: Masters Degree in Law
- FBI National Academy, Quantico, USA
- Harvard University, USA: Certificate in National and International Security
What IGP said about him:
An ex-IGP Adamu sounded thrilled to appoint Mba as the image-maker of the NPF. During his appointment, the police boss charged him to bring his wealth of experience to bear in revamping the image of the Force.
Law Enforcement Trainings Frank Mba attended:
- 2008: Middle Management Course on Global Peace Operations in Vicenza, Italy.
- 2009: General Criminal Investigation Course at the International Law Enforcement Academy (ILEA), Botswana.
- 2010: US-sponsored International Visitor Leadership Program, with special focus on International Crime Issues, Washington DC
- 2013: Crisis and Disaster Management Course, Israel.
- 2013: Managing the Media in Crisis Situations, School of Media and Communications, Pan Atlantic University, Lagos
- 2017: Strategic Leadership and Command Course, Police Staff College, Jos, Plateau State
- 2018: Countering Violent Extremism and Police Leadership Course at the International Law Enforcement Academy (ILEA), Roswell, New Mexico, USA.
Frank Mba was the former Public Relations Office of Lagos State Police Command. He distinguished himself in the most populated commercial city notorious for crime. During his reign as the state Police PRO, crime subsided.
Ex-member, Nigeria Police Contingent to the United Nations Peace-Keeping Mission in Liberia between 2006 and 2007. He won the prestigious UN Medal.
He has been trying his best to shape the image of the force, unfortunately, the bad eggs among them on the streets where they collect bribes from motorists may never make his efforts to yield any positive result SOON.
He is among police officers who have been appointed more than one time as Force PRO. You may want to check our post on “Past and Present PRO of Nigeria Police Force.”
Mba is a future Police IG