Last Updated on April 19, 2022 by InfomediaNG
On Tuesday, April 19, 2022, Olumuyiwa Adejobi was confirmed as the 25th indigenous Force Public Relations Officer (FPRO) of the Nigeria Police Force by the Inspector-General of Police, Usman Alkali Baba.
CSP Adejobi replaced Frank Mba on February 12, 2022, and was appointed in an acting capacity on February 16, 2022, after taking over from Mba, a Commissioner of Police (CP), who was nominated by the IGP for the Senior Executive Course at the National Institute for Policy and Strategic Studies (NIPSS), Kuru, Jos.
So far, Mba has done a fantastic job managing the public relations unit of one of the most difficult institutions in Nigeria.
Alkali Baba praised him in a press release which was posted on the official Twitter handle of the Force:
“CSP Adejobi has carved a niche for himself in Police Public Relations Management with the experience he has gained serving as PPRO in different Police Commands and Zone for more than a decade.@PoliceNG
Who is Olumuyiwa Adejobi?
Adejobi studied Archeology and Geography (Combined Honours) at the premier university (UI). He would later proceed for a Masters Degree in Peace and Conflict Studies at the same institution.
Before his deployment to the Force Headquarters, Abuja, in August 2021, he served in many capacities and he performed credibly well.
He was a corps liaison officer, National Youth Service Corps(NYSC), Nnewi North Local Government, Nnewi, Anambra State
- Parade Commander, Squad 6
- Cadet ASP course 22, Police Academy, Kano
- Second-in-Command, General Parade Commander, Ogun State Command
- Operations Officer, Sagamu Division, Ogun State
- Officer in charge Anti Bank Robbery and Pipeline Vandalisation, Sagamu
Adejobi was the Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO) in the Ogun State Command from 2008 to 2016 from where he was posted to PPRO Zone 2 Headquarters, Onikan, Lagos State as the PPRO.
Between September 2020 to August 5, 2021, he was the PPRO Lagos State Police Command, where he did a brilliant job re-moulding of the police in the commercial city.
He had a tough time in Lagos because of the activities of the police officers who arbitrarily violated human rights, just like they do in other parts of the country.
Olumuyiwa Adejobi belongs to some professional bodies, some of them are:
- Nigerian Institute of Public Relations (NIPR)
- International Public Relations Association (IPRA)
- Pointman Leadership Institute, United States of America
- International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP), USA
- Institute of Corporate Administration, Nigeria.
- Commendation award by National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Anambra state
- Inspector-General of Police commendation certificate,
- Best Police Public Relations Officer in West Africa by Security Watch Africa, Dubai, United Arab Emirate (UAE)
- Best Police Public Relations Officer in Nigeria by Security Watch Africa, Johannesburg South Africa
- Merit award by Nigerian Institute of Public Relations, Ogun State Chapter
- Best Police Image maker of the year, by Crime Reporters Association of Nigeria(CRAN) among some of his awards documented by penpushing.com.ng
The new Nigeria Police image-maker was a Superintendent of Police (SP) until Wednesday, January 6, 2021, when he was decorated with the rank of Chief Superintendent of Police (with reference number SH: 4710/FS/FHQ/ABJ/V1/356 dated December 24, 2020) at the Police Officers Wives Association (POWA) hall, held at Oduduwa, in Ikeja, Lagos State.
Adejobi’s Phone Number
Just like every new Force PRO does when they assume office, Adejobi’s phone number is 08037168147 according to a statement by Benjamin Hundeyin, an Admin Officer at the Force Public Relations department.
- By Penpushing