Last updated on September 5th, 2022 at 09:27 pm
The era of largely depending on stockbrokers on the floor of the stock exchange is over. Technology has made it possible for you to buy and trade stocks with just a click on your app, Stanbic IBTC Brokers e-trading platform is a step in deepening mobile banking.
Stanbic IBTC Brokers is Nigeria’s largest stockbroking firm, which it has shown over the years that is truly the leader.
What’s Stanbic IBTC E-Trading?
It is an online stockbroking service that allows investors to view market information and buy or sell shares real-time at the Nigerian Stock Exchange from any part of the World.
Chief Executive, Stanbic IBTC Holdings PLC, Sola David-Borha, during the launch said:
“In introducing the new platform, the overarching goal is to identify both opportunities and threats in the global marketplace, which is made available to investors in real-time to enable them respond as quickly as possible.
Our focus is on attracting investment to the Nigerian economy. The Stanbic IBTC E-Trade Platform is targeted at all retail investors.”
It is expected to help the market regain the confidence of investors by availing them of insight required to act prudently on new investment opportunities in the marketplace via a secure and robust technologically-driven platform.
“Stanbic IBTC Brokers is committed to help deepen the Nigerian capital market by making available to the investing public information, initiatives and strategies that can help them have superior information about developments in both the local and global markets,” Sola David-Borha, stated.
Benefits of the e-trading
1) Decision-making will be faster as a result of reliable and timely data.
2) Brokers will have 24- hour access to their brokerage account.
3) Stockbrokers will access to live market data from The Nigerian Stock Exchange for instant investment decision, convenience, transparency.
4) Investors will be able to structure their activities for efficiency.
5) It’s a platform that makes brokers have access to stocks in any part of the world.
6) Brokers will have a flexible online trading environment anywhere.
7) They’ll also have control over their investment.
8) Another benefit of e-stockbroking by Stanbic IBTC Brokers is: Instant email notification on transactions.
9) Automated contract note and trade notification delivery system.
10) It is the most convenient way of trading just like electronic banking and mobile banking changed the way and how we bank.
For now, Stanbic IBTC E-Trade is limited to only NSE and they’ve taken a step further as they launch an app.