Last updated on December 24th, 2023 at 11:53 am
Alhikmah University, Ilorin, Kwara State, is one the Nigerian universities that have top-up programmes, which are specifically designed for HND graduates who might want to upgrade their poly certificate to a university degree (BSc or BA or B.Tech).
Here is all you need to know, including the requirements to convert your HND to a BSc at Alhikmah University, private institution located in Kwara State.
The tuition fee and admission requirements on this page may change any time. We urge admission-seeking students to contact the school authority for the latest admission requirements.
Several Nigerian universities have HND to BSc conversion programmes across the country, and even the National Board for Technical Education have the same programme.
However, it is also designed for university degree holders with a pass or third class for them to upgrade their quality of university degrees.
Who is qualified for HND/BSc conversion programme?
- HND graduates desirable of University first degree
- University graduates with Pass or Third Class degrees
- Graduates with interest in career change (e.g.graduate of Physics wishing to change career to Banking and Finance
At Alhikmah University, 26 courses are available for HND Conversion to BSc, they are:
- Banking and Finance
- Business Administration
- English Language Education
- Islamic Studies Edu
- Business Education
- Arabic Language
- English Language
- Mathematics Education
- Educational Management
- Guidance and Counselling
- Mass Communication
- Political Science and Conflict Resolution
- Islamic Studies
- Arabic Education
- Political Science Edu
- Economics Education
- Computer Science Education
- Physics Education
- Biology Education
- Chemistry Education
- Computer Science
Admission Requirements for Alhikmah University Topup programme
1. Applicants must possess a minimum of five (5) O’Level subjects at credit level in relevant subjects in not more than two (2) sittings.
2. The above subjects must be relevant to their applicants’ proposed programmes. English is compulsory for all candidates.
3. Minimum of Third Class Honors or Pass degree or HND certificate from a recognized institution.
4. NYSC certificate or NYSc exemption certificate.
- Application fee: N10,000 (subject to review)
- Tuition fee: N150,000 (subject to review)
Duration Of HND Conversion programme at Alhikmah University
- Six semesters in two years.
- 15 weeks per semester
- Lectures hold during weekends.
Methods Of Application for topup programme at Alhikmah University
- Head straight to top-up application link and create an account.
- Locate HND/BSc Top-Up Programme
- Complete the application form online
- Make payment of a non-refundable fee of N10, 000.
- Print the duly completed form.
- Present copies of the receipt and other credentials at the Centre for Part-Time and Professional Studies for screening.