Last updated on February 2nd, 2021 at 10:21 am
The application portal for the Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) of Nigerian Navy recruitment for 2018 has been opened for interested young Nigerians who want to build a career in the NN.
Application for Nigerian Air Force (NAF) DSSC 2018 will equally be opened on October 19.
The portal for NN recruitment opened on October 3, 2018 for applicants to submit their applications, closing date for the the application is November 14, 2018.
Departments of Nigerian Navy DSSC 2018 Recruitment where applications are welcomed are:
2) Accounts and Budget
5) Human Resource Management
9) Information and Communication Technology
10) Information and Communication Technology
13) Legal Services
For each of the above depadtments, there are requirements applicants must satisfy before they can be considered after a rigorous screening exercise to be announced later.
Let’s take the above departments one after the other and list their requirements:
ENTRY QUALIFICATIONS FOR ENLISTMENT INTO THE NIGERIAN NAVY DIRECT SHORT SERVICE COMMISSION COURSE 26
1) Seaman (requirements)
BSc/HND in Nautical Sciences.
Membership of relevant professional body will be an added advantage.
2. Accounts and Budget (requirements)
Bachelor’s degree or HND in Economics and Accounting
Membership of a professional body like ICAN, ANAN, ACMA, ACCA, ACA will be an added advantage.
3) Chaplain (Requirements)
Bachelor’s Degree in Theology from a registered institution of theology from either of the following:
a. Catholic Mission.
b. Protestant Mission.
Applicants must have completed 2 years apprenticeship in Apostolic Ministry and be recommended from the pastoral missions.
Also, applicants must be of males and duly ordained clergy of their respective Christian faith.
4) Education (requirements)
Bachelor of Education (B.Ed)/ B.Sc Ed in relevant fields.
Holders of first degree with PGD in the following fields are also eligible:
e. Library Science (B.Sc)
g. French Language.
h. Chinese Language.
i. Guidance and Counselling.
j. Computer Science.
k. Arabic Language.
B.Sc or B Eng qualifications in the following fields:
a. Naval Architecture/Ship Design.
b. Mechanical/Marine Engineering.
c. Electrical/Electronic Engineering.
d. Aircraft Engineering/Aeronautical Engineering.
Membership of Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE) and Council of Registered Engineers of Nigeria (COREN) will be an added advantage.
6) .Human Resource Management
B.Sc, BA, HND or equivalent qualification in:
a. Personnel Management.
b. Public Administration.
c. Human Resource Management.
Membership of National Institute of Management and other relevant bodies will be an added advantage.
B.Sc or HND in the following fields:
d. Physical Oceanography.
Membership of National Institute of Statistics will be an added advantage.
Note: Applicants with B.Sc degree in Physics and Mathematics must possess a Post Graduate Diploma in Land Survey to be eligible.
Bachelor of Arts in Islamic Studies. Diploma in Counselling Psychology will be an added advantage.
9. Information department and requirements
B.Sc or HND in the following fields.
a. Mass Communication.
c. Public Relations.
d. Printing Technology.
f. Television Production.
g. Computer Technology (Desktop Publishing).
Membership of Nigerian Institute of Public Relations will be an added advantage.
10. Information and Communication Technology
B.Sc/B.Tech/ B.Eng in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
Priority will be given to candidates with relevant qualification in:
a. Website development and management.
b. Networking and network administration.
c. Programming multimedia and software development.
d. Server and database administration.
e. Information and cyber security.
Certification in relevant fields will be an added advantage.
11. Medical Department of Nigerian Navy and entry Requirements
Units under the Medical Department of Nigerian Navy are:
- General Doctors/Dental Surgeons
- Medical Lab Science
- Medical Records/Health Information Management
- Clinical Psychology
- Biomedical Engineer
- Public Health Officer
- General Nursing/ Midwives
The medical department has the highest number of units, check below for requisite entry qualifications for each of the units:
a. General Doctors/Dental Surgeons:
MBBS, MBchB or equivalent. Must be fully registered by the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria and possess a current practicing license.
B.Pharm degree and full registration with the Pharmacy Council of Nigeria as well as have a current practicing license.
c. Medical Lab Science:
Either a BMLS or AIMLS/ equivalent and be fully registered with the Medical Laboratory Scientist Council of Nigeria as well as possess a current practicing license.
Minimum of BSc/HND in Radiography with current practicing license.
B. Physiotherapy or BMR (Bachelor of Medical Rehabilitation). Must be registered with the Medical Rehabilitation Therapist Registration Board of Nigeria (MRTB) and possess a current practicing license.
Doctor of Optometry. Must be a fully registered optometrist, dispensing optician by the Optical Council of Nigeria and have a current practicing license.
g. Medical Records/Health Information Management:
Minimum of BSc/ HND required with a current practicing license.
B.Sc or HND Dietician/Nutrition. Must be registered with Dietetics Council of Nigeria with a current practicing license.
i. Clinical Psychology:
BSc/HND in Clinical Psychology and Applied Psychology, with a current practicing license.
j. Biomedical Engineer:
BSc/HND in Biomedical Engineering with a current practicing license.
k. Public Health Officer:
BSc/HND in either Environmental
Health or Community Health Information and Education. Must be fully registered with the Environmental Health Officers Registration Council of Nigeria (EHORCON) and possess a current practicing license.
l. General Nursing/ Midwives:
B.NSc and RN/RM with current practicing license. Post basic qualification in any of the following fields will be an added advantage:
(1) Accident and Emergency Nurse.
(2) Intensive Care Unit Nurse.
(3) Peri-Operative Nurse.
(4) Ophthalmic Nurse.
(5) Dialysis/Renal Nurse.
m. Hospital Administration:
BSc/HND Hospital Administration with the current practising license.
BA/HND in Music. Proficiency in any musical instrument will be an added advantage.
BA/HND in Physical & Health Education or Human Kinetics and Health Education.
Proficiency in any physical sport will be an added advantage.
BSc/HND/B Eng in the following fields:
a. Transport Management.
b. Economics, Business Management or in Purchasing and Supply.
d. Catering/Hospitality Management.
e. Civil Engineering.
f. Quantity Survey.
g. Structural Engineering.
h. Estate Surveyor and Value.
h. Final Certificate of Nigerian Institute of Transport Technology.
15. Legal Services:
LLB and BL (A minimum of 2 years post qualification experience is required).
Having listed the requirements for entry into any of the departments of Nigerian Navy (DSSC), check below for the general information for all applicants.
General Information For Nigerian Navy DSSC 2018 Recruitment
1. False information or tendering fake certificates will lead to disqualification and subsequent prosecution of the applicant.
2. You must have a minimum of Second Class Upper Division for holders of First degree and Upper Credit for HND holders. Computer literacy will be an added advantage.
3. You must possess certificates of full registration with their respective statutory professional bodies in Nigeria.
4. Applicants who obtained credentials from foreign institutions should ensure the certificates are authenticated by the Federal Ministry of Education.
5. You must be single.
6. Your O’level West African Examination Certificate (WAEC) must be readily available upon request, in addition to any other results such as NECO. Credit in Mathematics and English is compulsory.
7. NYSC discharge certificate or letter of exemption from NYSC is compulsory for the whole process.
8. Male applicants must not be less than 1.68 metres tall while female applicants must not be less than 1.65 metres tall.
9. Applicants should be between 22 and 28 years of age by 28 February 2019. Except for Chaplains and Imams who should not be more than 30 years.
10. Serving personnel, Soldier/Rating/Airman, and other paramilitary services personnel must obtain a letter of attestation duly signed by the heads of their units.
11. Applicants will be shortlisted for a qualifying aptitude test. The date and time of the Aptitude Test will be communicated via the official website of the Nigeria Navy.
12. Nigerian Navy accredited centres for the qualifying aptitude test, which candidate can choose from are:
a. Abuja – (1) Army Day Secondary School, Mogadishu Barracks, Abuja.
(2) Command Day Secondary School, Lungi Barracks, Abuja.
b. Bauchi – Command Day Secondary School, Shadawanka Barracks.
c. Owerrinta – Nigerian Navy Finance and Logistics College, Owerrinta, Imo State.
d. Lagos – (1) Nigerian Navy Secondary School, Navy Town Ojo.
(2) Navy Town Secondary School, Navy Town Ojo.
e. Port-Harcourt – Nigerian Navy Secondary School, Borokiri.
f. Sokoto – Army Day Secondary School, Giginya Barracks, Sokoto.
13. Applicants are to come along to the Aptitude Test Centres with the following:
a. Photocopies of Degree and NYSC Discharge Certificate.
b. Parents/Guardian Consent Form.
c. Acknowledgement Form.
14. Apllication is free.
How to apply for Nigerian Navy DSSC 2018 Recruitment exercise:
Applications are done online and submitted through the official portal of NN DSSC
Step 1: Enter the url http://nnr.azurewebsites.net/Account/Register to browser of your choice . That’s the official registration link for NN DSSC.
Step 2: Set up an account with your email address and set a password. Your account will be activated right away, you don’t need any activation link to access the online form.
Step 3: Click login and use your email address and password to gain access to the portal and start foiling your bio data and other documents.
Uplolad your recent photo passport.
Step 4: On completion of the application form, applicants are advised to click ‘SUBMIT’ on the portal and generate the applicant’s Transaction ID.
Step 5: Print out a copy of the ‘Application Summary’.
All the best!
If you are having issue with your Nigerian Navy DSSC application please use any of the following applicant support:
1) Call 08062090473
2) Call 08033063694 or
3) Email email@example.com
Time to call: between 0800 and 1700 (5PM)
Recommended browsers are:
1) Google chrome
2) Mozilla Firefox
If you’re going to apply at a cafe, please first set up your account on your phone to check the required document. All the best once again.