Last Updated on July 19, 2021 by Ope Quadri
The North East Development Commission (NEDC) a few years ago rolled out different training programmes for residents within the six states that fall within the geo-political zone. Today, it has trained about 3,000 in ICT alone over the period of two years.
One of the beneficiaries of the NEDC said the ICT training has helped in expanding her business.
“The NEDC ICT Resource Training program has been of immense help to me; I’ve been privileged to acquire new skills that would without a doubt enhance my Henna business. With the skills that I have acquired, I intend to make my personal Henna templates and stickers to help me both save time and standardize my art,” Maryam Yusuf Jalo, one of the 2020 Batch 1 beneficiaries revealed.
So, how you can be part of the programme and use the knowledge to expand your business?
The NEDC resource centre is designed for the indigene of the following North Eastern states:
- Taraba, and
Purpose of NEDC Training Resource
Just like the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC), the NEDC is aimed at developing the Northeast region so as to make the geopolitical zone safe.
- To make North East economically vibrant using Information Communication Technology to drive development.
- To create more jobs across the region
- To promote the development of human capacity.
- To enhance literacy and skill acquisition modules for youths in the North East region
- To make this possible, NEDC established ICT Resource Training Centers that will train its teeming youths to make them self-sufficient and have economic independence.
The NEDC’s vision leverages a robust local content-driven ICT industry that delivers Social and Economic Services to the people of the Northeast through her trained participants.
Model of NEDC Training
NEDC training is a two-month program, where trainees are mandated to spend a minimum of two hours daily at the training centres from Monday through Friday.
Trainees and participants would be trained on Entrepreneurship, Computer Appreciation and Basic Accounting Module
After the training, the participants would be grouped into two (based on choice and personal capabilities).
One of the two groups will train on Graphics Design Classes, the other will train on Smartphone Repairs.
Note: Attendance is compulsory.
NEDC Training Registration Requirements
- First name
- Last name
- You must be an origin of one of the North East states: Adamawa, Bauchi, Borno, Gombe, Taraba, Yobe
- Local Government of Residence
- Residential address
- Email address
How to register for NEDC training
- Step 1: Head straight to the official portal of NEDC registration portal
- Step 2: Scroll down to select the course you want to train in and click one of them which takes you to the register page
- Step 3: If you are a first-timer, click register admin.nedcresourcecentre.org/register/
- Step 4: Check your email to confirm a link sent to you.
- Step 5: Login and fill the area you want to be trained in.
The training of the commission focuses on the training of its youth in four cardinal areas, they include:
- Entrepreneurship development and Bookkeeping
- Fundamentals of Computing
- Digital Graphics Design
- Smartphone Management and Repairs
If you are having any issues let us know or reach out to the support at
The NEMakeathon Competition application is better done on desktop/laptop or a smartphone with Operating System higher than 4.1 to have a better experience
Ope is the Head of Content at InfomediaNG. He’s a researcher whose interests cut across real estate investment, stocks, financial technology, and youth empowerment. He’s awesome in Content Marketing and SEO. Favourite Tools: Google Analytics, Canva, UberSuggest