Last updated on February 1st, 2021 at 02:46 pm
EndSARS protesters have submitted 23 key demands to President Muhammadu Buhari for them to stop the ongoing protest which has spread across major cities in Nigeria.
Last, only five demands were made, but the list has been updated calling on the APC-led government to yield to their updated demands for them to call off the protest.
23 key demands Nigerian youths want from Buhari
1. End SARS
2. Sack security chiefs
3. Stop foreign medical trips for public servants. Let them be treated here in Nigeria. When last did you hear an American President or a British Prime Minister visit Nigeria for medical tourism?
4. Return Nigeria to regional governance structure or restructure the country and embrace true federalism. States autonomy must be paramount.
5. Improve security
6. Full deregulation of the oil and gas sector to allow more investments for job creation
7. Immediate passage of PIB
8. Full deregulation of the power sector to allow investment capital flow to generate, transmit and distribute more power and create jobs
9. Allocate more funds to the education sector to provide better teaching tools and to pay better salaries to end ASUU strikes
10. Should hands-off petroleum pricing to enable free-market determination of pricing
11. Close our northern borders to stop the free entry of Fulani herdsmen and bandits
12. Inclusive government for all tribes and regions of Nigeria with 50 per cent youths in charge of governance
13. Change our academic curriculum to reflect modern-day realities
14. All politicians should be placed on minimum wage to attract genuine public servants
15. Migrate to 100 per cent electoral reforms with electronic voting tied to our BVN and GSM
16. Enthrone university education as a minimum qualification for public office holders at all levels of government from the president to local government and ward chairpersons
17. Name and shame looters and make criminal offenders, and looters face trial in their home states and villages to shame them and their families
18. Disband the bi-cameral legislature and adopt uni-cameral
19. Immediately reform Nigeria Police Force and let every state or region create its own police service
20. No more budget for running private affairs of elected and appointed public servants
21. Strip ex-governors and all elected and appointed public servants of all benefits after office.
22. Increase the salaries of our doctors, nurses, teachers, police, military officers, and civil servants
23. Government should hands-off ownership and management of businesses at all levels.
How many of the above 23 key demands Nigerian youths want from Buhari can actually be fulfilled?