Last Updated on March 16, 2019 by Ope Quadri
Finding jobs on Facebook has been made easier when the social media platform launched its own job searching tool in 2017. Sadly, only a few people are aware that they can actually snag a job on Facebook.
In this guide, we’ll show how to find a job on Facebook and apply. Facebook makes it in such a way that you see the address of the recruiting company, thereby giving you the freedom to decide which is closer and suit you.
Hey, if posting photos of you and your friends chilling is what you use Facebook for and you’ve been submitting manual application in your area, then you’re definitely not tapping into the full job potential on Facebook.
Finding jobs on Facebook is easy, but there are pros and cons regarding privacy setting.
What employers do on Facebook
Organisations and firms don’t only share updates about their company, they now recruit using Facebook job search tool, this is an aspect you need to tap into.
Finding jobs on Facebook: Why you should pay attention
Facebook is the largest social media platform with 2.2 billion monthly active users as at January 2018.
It is also the social media where people spend more time, according to a 2015 Pew Research study, 70% of Facebook users engage daily, versus only 13% of LinkedIn users.
LinkedIn isn’t the only professional medium where employers recruit, in fact, 55% of recruiters use Facebook to recruit, according to Jobvite’s 2015 Recruiter Nation study
That’s why you need to pay attention to Facebook and use it to find job near you today.
What you need to do before jumping on it
You can’t just jump on it. Just like the way you dot your Ais and Tis on LinkedIn, you need to do the same on Facebook, if really you want to get hired by recuiters.
- Check Your Privacy Settings to make sure your profile is public, if you set it to “friends” only you won’t be seen by a company who’s in need of your service.
- Remove objectionable materials from your timeline or photos that are erotic.
- Make sure to complete your profile: education, experiences where needed should be completed.
- Whenever you add a status update, you can actually select who you want to see your update. “It works like an email distribution list. Facebook sets up several lists for you already or you may decide to set up a list for your job search friends,” says Hannah Morgan, a Job-Hunt’s Social Media Job Search Expert in her article, “9 Tips to Leverage Facebook for a Successful Job Search”
- Follow people of interest
Having done that, it’s time to…
Guide on how to find jobs on Facebook
Step 1: Login to Facebook
Step 2: If you using a laptop or desktop, check available options by your left hand side and click “see more”
Step 3: The see more will show other options, look for “jobs” and click on it.
Step 4: Jobs option (Facebook) will bring up all the available jobs near. You can change location for you to see jobs near you.
Facebook has gone beyond socialising, it has become a social media platform where job seekers can be employed. There are thousands of job opportunities there if you know how to tap into these opportunities.
Note: If your location is set to Nigeria, please be careful, there could be fake job posting.
Don’t pay to apply, and do a thorough finding before going for interview.