Last updated on April 15th, 2022 at 01:49 pm
From 1961 till date, the Nigeria Police Force (NPF) has produced 24 Force Public Relations Officers (FPROs). Police PRO is the image-maker of NPF
However, four of the FPROs had been the image imager of the force at two different times. They include:
- Felix Musa
- Haz Iwendi
- Emmanuel C.S. Ojukwu
- Frank Mba
Commissioner of Police (CP) Felix Musa was the first police officer in Nigeria to be appointed as FPRO at two different occasions.
CP Musa was first appointed as FPRO in 1983 till 1985. He was returned again the same year till 1986.
Chief Superintendent of Police (CSP) Haz Iwendi was the first police officer in Nigeria to be appointed as Force PRO at three different occasions.
He was first appointed as the Force Public Relations Officer in 1992 till 1993. CSP Iwendi was returned as Force PRO in 2000 till 2002.
From 2005 to 2007, CP Iwendi was appointed again to help build the image of the force. He tried all he could, but some of his men on the road indirectly frustrated his efforts through the uncultured collection of bribes from road users.
The third is Assistant Commissioner of Police (ACP) Emmanuel C.S. Ojukwu. He was the FPRO from 2008 to 2010 and was returned again in 2014 till 2015.
The fourth is Frank Mba. He was first appointed as Force PRO in 2012 to 2014 and was returned again in January 2019 till date.
So, see below:
Past and Present PRO of Nigeria Police Force
- DCP Ezekiel Hart: 1961 – 1983
- CP Felix Musa: 1983 – 1985
- CP D.U.A. Isang: 1984 – 1985
- CP Felix Musa: 1985 – 1986
- ACP Raph Onyejekwe: 1986 – 1987
- ACP Lekan Alabi: 1987 – 1989
- CP Albert Afegbai: 1989 – 1990
- CP Frank A. Odita: 1990 – 1992
- CSP Haz Iwendi: 1992 – 1993
- DCP Tunji Alapini: 1993 – 1997
- DCP Young E. Arebamen: 1997 – 2000
- DCP Haz Iwendi: 2000 – 2002
- DCP Chris A. Olakpe: 2002 – 2005
- SP Emmanuel Ighodalo: Jan 2005 – August 2005
- CP Haz Iwendi: 2005 – 2007
- ACP Agberebi E. Akpoebi: 2007 – 2008
- ACP Emmanuel C.S. Ojukwu: 2008 – 2010
- DCP Olusola E. Amore: 2010 – 2012
- CSP Frank E. Mba: 2012 – 2014
- CP Emmanuel C.S. Ojukwu: 2014 – 2015
- ACP Olabisi Kolawole: 2015 – 2016
- DCP Donald n.Awunah: 2016 – 2017
- Ag. DCP Jimoh Olohundare Moshood: 2017 – 2019
- CP Frank Mba: 2019 – Feb. 12, 2022
- CSP Olumuyiwa Adejobi: February 12, 2022, till date
This list: “Past and Present PRO of Nigeria Police Force” will be updated.
2 thoughts on “Past and Present PRO of Nigeria Police Force From 1961 Till Date”
thanks again for all police officer
Beautiful narration, it is hoped that the erring members of the SARS police units who have killed innocent citizens will be dealt with decisively as this PPRO promised, not only on Ekiti case but in all brutal killings of innocent Nigerians of all ages under whatever guise. It is very important so that others who may have same criminal inclinations will bury it and turn new leaves.