OPay is a mobile banking app that allows you to purchase airtime, order and pay for food, buy data, and other wide range of activities in real-time online. In this post, we’ll share how to fund your opay account without an agent in less than 5 minutes.
The app supports card payments with MasterCard, Visa, and transfers from banking apps. The easiest is when your phone number turns to your account number and enjoy lots of services on the go. The good news now is that you can use OPay USSD code to make transactions.
Opera products on OPay App
- ORide (defunct)
- OFood (defunct)
- OCar (defunct)
- Airtime, Mobile data purchase and bill payment.
“You can now transfer money directly from any bank in Nigeria into your OPay balance using your phone number,” the company says. However, you remove the first digit. For instance, if your phone number is 070876543280, then your OPay account number will be 70876543280.
So how can you top up your OPay balance? Follow the steps below to get this done.
How To Deposit Money Into Your Opay Account Without Agent
There are three major major ways to fund your opay account, but without an agent, you should be able to top up your account with an agent:
- Through your bank App
- Through your wallet using ATM card
- Via agent
Fund OPay Account Using ATM card
After downloading the App from Google Play Store if you use an Android Phone, fund your account either using your ATM card, and bank app thus:
- Step 1: Go-to balance
- Step 2: Click on Add Money
- Step 3: Select Add new payment options
- Step 4: Click on the card icon
- Step 5: Input your card details
- Step 5: You’ll be redirected to the authorization page for you to input OTP and you’ll be credited.
Fund your OPay Wallet through Bank app
- Step 1: Open your bank app
- Step 2: On the list of banks, select paycom or OPay.
- Step 3: Input the amount you want.
You can also transfer money from GTB to opay account or from any other banks to the mobile money app.
NOTE: Your account number is the phone number you used in registering your opay app minus the first zero. For instance, if your phone number is 07056767676 then your account number will be 7056767676
Repeat about guideline whenever you want to use any of the products and need to fund your OPay wallet (account).
After funding your account, you order OFood, ORide (bike), make savings, take a loan which is called OKash and recharge.
Owners of OPay
OPay is owned by Opera Inc. by a consortium of Chinese investors led by current Opera CEO Yahui Zhou.
ORide was first launched in the commercial city of Lagos, since then it has continued to penetrate other major state capitals across the coutry. At the time of this report, It is present in the following cities:
Relationship between ORide and OPay?
OPay is an app that houses various products of Opera Inc. You can receive money and send money through the mobile money app.
In this post, we’ll shed light on what you can do on OPay App which houses several products of Opera.
To use any of the above products, you will have to first download the App on Google Play Store, fund your account and select any of the products you want and start enjoying the comfort.
What you can do on OPay App
Some of the tasks you can effectively perform on the multi-purpose OPay app include:
- Ability to buy mobile data
- Ability to pay for utility bill like Abuja electricity, Eko Electricity, Ibadan Electricity, Ikeja Disco, Kano electricity, and Port Harcourt electricity
- Ability to order Oride, OBus in Lagos
- A simple and convenient way to pay for a subscription, e.g GOTV, DSTV and STARTIMES
- You can also order food using OFood right within the app
- Ability to place your bet on your favourite clubs etc
Opera Mobile Money Agent (EasyCash)
Sometimes called Opay Mobile Money agent, becoming a mobile money agent is one of the simplest ways to make money on the side in your community.
The EasyCash feature will appear on your app when you have been verified by Opay (PayCom), Opera Mobile money arm.
The amount of transactions you do can qualify you to get OPay Point of Purchase popularly called (POS machine) FREE!
Requirements to become OPay agent and get FREE POS machine
The following docs are needed to upgrade your account to be an OPay agent, see them below:
- Download the Opay App on your phone and register
- A utility or other bill dated no later than three months prior to registration as proof of your address
- One passport photo
- Your Bank Verification Number (BVN)
- Copy of your national ID card, driver’s license or international passport
How to register as Opay Mobile Money Agent
A lot of guys contacted us recently how they could obtain the Opay agent registration form, the good news is that you don’t need any conventional form to become OPay agent and get free POS in Nigeria.
Step 1: Head straight to the official website of OPay at operapay.com and by the top right-hand side, click “Become Agent” button
Step 2: Sign up on the page by filling the online form: Your name, email address, phone number, your state and agree to the terms.
Step 4: You will be contacted by one of its customer support agents.
Benefits of becoming an agent
- Access to a quick response from the customer service centre
- Access to free POS depending on the number of transactions you’ve made on the app
- A reliable source said plans were underway to support their faithful and reliable agents with a loan to boost their business, whether it will be interest-free or not we can’t confirm. We’ll keep you updated.
So, how do you contact OPay to resolve issues?
To avoid landing on the dubious social media accounts, below are the social media channels of OPay Nigeria in case you have inquiries.
- Twitter: @OPay_NG
- Facebook: @opay.ng (https://www.facebook.com/opay.ng/)
- Instagram: @opay.ng (https://www.instagram.com/opay.ng/)
- LinkedIn: @opay (https://www.linkedin.com/company/opay/)
Do you have questions on how to get promo code for ORide or any other products on the app? Drop your questions below.
OPay USSD Code to send and deposit money
Opay USSD code is another brilliant innovation added to the Opay products for you to easily carry out financial transactions with the simplest phone in your hand.
The announcement was made by the company a few hours ago, which enables the user to seamlessly transfer cash, purchase airtime and receive money.
You must have created your OPay account to enjoy this feature.
What is OPay USSD Code?
USSD is an acronym for Unstructured Supplementary Service Data. It is one of the technology ideas in financial inclusion and cashless policy around the World.
So, OPay USSD code enables you to carry out financial transactions on the phone number linked to your account data-free. You don’t need to have any sophisticated phone to use USSD code.
OPay USSD code is *955#
How does it work?
When you dial a number that starts with * and ends with #, you are using USSD.
USSD code is the “currently the best available communications technology to deliver mobile financial services to low-income customers,” Senior Financial Sector Specialist Michel Hanouch said in one of his articles on cgap.org
- To Send Money
- To buy airtime
- To make deposit
- Change PIN
- Send money: If you want to send money to another Opay Account or any local bank account.
- Buy airtime: if you want to buy airtime for yourself or on another number (any network)
- Deposit money: if you want to deposit money into your Opay account
- Change pin: if you want to change your transaction Pin
- Help: If you need help.
- Check account balance
- Open an account
- Card-less withdrawal
- Generate a token
Check account balance
A customer does not need to go and queue in the banking hall or at the customer service section of the bank to check his or her account balance.
If you are expecting money from someone or you have just done some transactions and you want to check your account balance, you can simply do so by entering the USSD code designated by your bank.
Open an account
Some banks allow their customers who already have a savings account with them and will like to open current, fixed or domiciliary accounts to do so by entering certain USSD codes. The USSD code has made banking services easier for more bank customers.
In case you forget your debit card or credit card at home, or it is missing and you want to get some money via the ATM,you can carry out what is called card-less withdrawal from the ATM by simply entering a USSD code designated by your bank.
Generate a token
A token is a device that has become part of banking today. It is referred to as a second-factor authentication device.
When carrying out a transaction on the Internet banking platform, you need to press your token at a point and generate a six-digit number to consummate that transaction.
It could be funds transfer or any of the other services available on the Internet banking platform.
The Second-factor authentication available via the token is meant to protect your Internet banking or transactions against fraudsters.
In case you misplace your token device and you need to do Internet banking, you can simply generate a token number through a USSD code and consummate your transaction on the Internet banking platform.
How to use Opay USSD code
- Simply dial *955#
- It will bring your Opay wallet number
- Your Opay account balance
At the time of publishing this guide, OPay is the BEST mobile wallet in Nigeria at the moment.
The launch of OPay USSD code by Opera, other mobile wallets in the market have got a huge task ahead of them.
How To Get OPay OKash Loan in Nigeria (Collateral-Free!)
Okash is a Micro-lending product of OPay where users can get a collateral-free loan within minutes right on the OPay Wallet.
In this post, we’ll show you how to apply and get OPay OKash loan in Nigeria within a few seconds without any document.
Origin of OKash
The lending app or platform is owned by OPay, one of the subsidiaries of Opera Inc. OKash App was launched in March 2018 in Kenya where the mobile wallet is known by even farmers in the interior villages.
It is a platform where you can set up account select their preferred bank account, link their active bank card for repayment, fill out a set of questions, and get a decision on their loan application in minutes.
However, you may not all these in Nigeria provided you already have OPay App downloaded from Google Play Store on your mobile phone.
With OKash you borrow up to N50, 000 and payback within the time frame you agreed by.
Other available services on OPay App include:
- OPay Mobile Money Agent
So,..how do I get collateral-free loan on OPay Okash?
Very simple! We’ll guide you through how to submit your Okash OPay loan application.
15 Simple Steps To Get collateral-free OPay OKash Loan in Nigeria
- Step 1: Download OPay App from Google Playstore
- Step 2: Sign up with your phone number
- Step 3: Login to the OPay App
- Step 4: On the home page click Okash option
- Step 5: Click continue. Agree by the Terms and Condition by clicking the continue button
- Step 6: Click YES on the next pop up on the app. Click YES to another pop-up message
- Step 7: Allow Opay to send and view SMS messages. ALLOW
- Step 8: As first-timer the maximum you can take ranges between N500 to N6000
- Choose the one you will be able to pay back
- Step 9: Choose Repay Term (Number of days) for the interest to be calculated
- For instance, for N6,000, the interest is N1,080 within 15 days.
- Step 10: Select the purpose of taking the loan
- Step 11: Click APPLY
- Step 12: Give access to your contact, calendar, media and others
- Step 13: Hit submit button for your loan to be approved
- Step 14: Take a selfie or upload your ID
- Step 15: Hit Submit button and wait for your loan to be disbursed to your OPay Wallet.
That’s you’d receive an alert in when your application is reviewed. But make sure your ID or selfie is clearer.
Don’t also forget that you can enjoy as much as 50% Awoof on the recharge done on OPay App this Wednesday, November 2019.
That’s how to apply for OPay Okash Loan in Nigeria. Call it Opay loan and won’t be wrong
OPay Airtime Awoof: Enjoy 50% Discount on Recharge
Opera has rolled out another killer discount recharge card purchases made on its OPay Wallet which it called 50% airtime awoof.
Meaning of Awoof
It is a pidgin English which means something that is ridiculously and unbelievably cheap and affordable. Or something you don’t have to pay for: something free.
In the case of OPay, it’s the cheapest discount on recharge.
How to enjoy 50% discount on OPay Airtime Awoof
- Step 1: Download OPay App from Google Playstore. It is all in one app
- Step 2: Create an account by signing up and verify your phone number
- Step 3: Fund your OPay wallet
- Step 4: Click on “Airtime” to top up your line or third’s party’s line
Finding it difficult on how to top up your OPay account? Find out previous article on how to fund OPay mobile wallet.
You can enjoy the 50% discount on all recharge: Airtel, Glo, MTN, and 9mobile.
The OPay airtime discount is the cheapest discount in recent time.
The hashtag is #AirtimeAwoofDay
NOTE: The awoof will be live on Wednesday, November 13, 2019. We can’t confirm if it would be extended beyond Wednesday. We’ll keep you updated.
In the meantime, you can now get a collateral-free loan on OPay App through one of its services called OKash.
Read the T&C.
MC Oluomo signs MOU with OPay (Photo News)
The Chairman, Lagos State Chapter of the National Union Of Road Transport Workers (NURTW) Alh. Musiliu Akinsanya, popularly known as “MC Oluomo” has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU)just signed an agreement deal with Opay and SONLINK.
The agreement was signed a few minutes ago.
The OPay App houses all its services and promised that more services would be embedded in the app in months to come.
Meanwhile, Nigerians are started reacting to the collaboration between MC Oluomo and OPay.
See some of them below:
Some of the best things that have happened in/to Nigeria have come via foreign influence. This is where Chinese investment is different from western one. They demand no ‘conditions’ meaning they can do business with a guy like Oluomo pic.twitter.com/S78kFEs11M
— tyro (@DoubleEph) November 20, 2019
Levels👇 NURTW rebranded.
"MC Oluomo signing a bilateral trade agreement with a Chinese firm." pic.twitter.com/d1z7vfLHSL
— Abdul Mu'min (@MrMMklassy) November 21, 2019
The real Lagos state Gov, Mc Oluomo, signing bilateral deal.
— Michael Abimboye (@mmakesense) November 21, 2019
CBN approves OPay International Money Transfer (Receive Money from Abroad)
- You can receive money from abroad through your OPay wallet
- It is faster and reliable
The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has certified OPay to begin International Money Transfer in Nigeria.
OPay is a mobile money wallet operator in Nigeria with its OPay App which houses other online services like ORide, Okash, OFood, Owealth and OPay wallet for the unbanked Nigerians.
Significance of OPay International Money Transfer approval:
- It means that OPay will begin to facilitating remittance B2B, B2P and P2P remittance services into Nigeria.
- It will be easier for global remittance companies to partner with OPay to help their customers to receive money from their business partners
- It will be faster for global remittance companies to partner with OPay to help their customers to receive money from their business partners from any part of the World.
- Residents in Nigeria will be able to receive money from their loved ones in abroad directly into their OPay wallet.
- Nigerians will be able to easily cash out their funds from their OPay wallets at any of over OPay mobile money agents in Nigeria.
OPay has over 100, 000 mobile agents spread across the country, it that isn’t the highest, it would be among the top 5.
OPay is owned by Opera Inc, the developer of Opera web browser and Opera mini.
TechCabal quoted the Director of Remittances Services at OPay Kunle Olamuyiwa as saying, “The plan is to distort the remittance space and ensure that international money transfer into Nigeria is safer, faster and more affordable.”
Mr. Kunle disclosed that the company is working with major global remittance companies around the world.
According to him, “We will start facilitating remittances to Nigeria with these partners, ensuring the best fees and exchange rates, speed and security.”
The OPay Director of Remittances Services said his company will roll out a big-bang promo in December with lots of prices for recipients of money transfer “who receive their money directly into their OPay wallets.”
OPay International Money Transfer Account Setup
- Step 1: Download OPay App from Google PlayStore
- Step 2: Setup your mobile wallet account
- Step 3: Fill in your details correctly
- Step 4: Verify your identity
Your phone number is your account number without the first digit.
Kunle said, “I can only advise everyone who has families around the world to get an OPay Wallet.
“They will get better value for these funds doing transfers to any bank, paying their bills, buying food and also using our on-demand transport services”
At the time of putting this post together, OPay has the following services on its App:
- OPay Wallet to buy card, data, settle bills etc
- Okash (online loan)
- Owealth (Investment platform)
With this licence, OPay has now joined other CBN-certified International Money Transfer Operators in Nigeria.
We’ll keep you updated when the promo begins in December 2019.