Last updated on August 26th, 2022 at 02:29 pm
The introduction of USSD code has made banking transactions easier. Not just that, it has also made life simpler because with a tap of some codes on your phone, you can get everything you want to get done in a few minutes.
So, how can you use some special codes to carry out financial activities on the United Bank of Africa (UBA)?
Later in this post, we’ll highlight all the important UBA USSD codes you need to carry out banking transactions. Some of them include transferring funds, buying airtime for yourself, family & friends, pay your bills, pay for your flights and check your account balance.
How to Open UBA Account with ZERO naira on Your Phone
Follow the steps below to open a UBA account right on your mobile phone.
- Dial *919*20#
- A welcome pops us saying “Welcome to UBA account opening service, you’ll be asked: Do you have a BVN?
- Select 1 and send.
- Enter your BVN Number
- You will be asked to enter the SoID of your preferred branch enter 1 to skip if you don’t know what the code is all about.
- On the next page Skip staff referral id. “Your request is being processed,you will receive a notification shortly. Thank you for using UBA Magic Banking”
- Finally, you’ll receive a message containing your account number.
That’s all you can begin banking by dialling *919# which UBA describes as MAGIC BANKING!
Advantages of using UBA mobile banking code to open an account
- No queues at the banking hall
- No filling of forms
- You earn an interest rate on your savings
- The account opening qualifies you to be eligible for our online banking services
The maximum deposit per transaction is N20,000 while the maximum account balance is N200,000 which you can upgrade to make higher transactions.
To make fund transfer from your account to another UBA account simply dial *919*3*account number*amount# from the phone number you registered with and follow the instructions.
- From your phone number, simply dial *919*32# and follow the instructions that follows.
How to send money from UBA account to other Nigerian banks
To perform this transaction, simply dial *919*4*account number*amount# from your phone number.
Benefits of using UBA mobile banking code to make transactions
- It doesn’t segregate as it works on all types of phones. Your phone doesn’t really need to an Android or iPhone to use this service
- It is fast and easy and saves you lots of time
- You don’t need to have a data subscription on your phone to send money
- Ability to send money to any Nigerian accounts
- It also allows for higher transaction limits of up to N1m per day when you’ve removed transaction limitation on your account.
How to purchase airtime
Airtime for yourself:
Simply dial *919*amount# on your registered mobile line. For instance: *919*2000# and send.
To buy airtime for the third party: friends and family members
To do this, simply dial *919*Phone Number* Amount# and send. For instance: *919*07023666666*2000#)
Benefits of buying airtime with vis USSD code
- It is fast and easy as you don’t need to rush down the street for recharge card merchant. Purchase can be made at any time of the day
- The account is top-up instantly, no delay as you don’t have to worry about the issue of incorrect recharge PIN
- It is available to MTN, Airtel, Glo and 9mobile subscribers
- No fee extra charges.
The daily recharge limit is N5,000
How to book a flight using USSD code
You can book a flight without data on your phone, meaning you can book the following flight Egypt Air, Ethiopian Airline, Lufthansa.
So follow the simple guide below to book flight on UBA
- Dial *919*12#
- Enter 4 digit Magic Banking PIN
- Select bank account to pay from
- Pick your desired airline and input flight PNR (Passenger Name Record)
- Enter your phone number of passenger and payment amount (Passenger Name Record)
You just booked a flight!
Do you bank with UBA?
Below are the codes you need to perform any sort of transaction you may want to perform on your mobile phone:
- Check Balance: *919*00# and enter your UBA 10 digit account number
- Top-Up for Self: *919*amount#
- Top-Up for Others: *919*phone number*amount#
- Transfer to UBA Account: *919*3*account number*amount#
- Load UBA Prepaid Card: *919*32#
- Transfer to Other banks: *919*4*account number*amount#
- Pay Bills: *919*5#
- ATM Cardless Withdrawal: *919*30*Amount#
- Airline Ticket Menu: *919*12#
- Africa World Airline: *919*12*394#
- Egypt Air: *919*12*077#
- Ethopian Airline: *919*12*071#
- Lufthansa: *919*12*220#