Last Updated on February 2, 2021 by Ope Quadri
Since Access Bank Plc in collaboration with Airtel launched its mobile money service, AccessMoney, intending users have been asking, How can I create AccessMoney account?
Mobile Banking Watch forwarded the enquiry to the bank on facebook on November 28, 2014, and this is going to be a guide on how to conveniently sign up with accessmoney on your mobile device.
What is AccessMoney
AccessMoney is a financial service by Access Bank Plc, Nigeria, which allows you to carry out transactions from mobile device any time without a bank account so as to simplify financial transactions among Nigerians.
Sign Up with AccessMoney: 7 Easy Steps
You can easily sign up with AccessMoney following these steps
1) On your mobile phone, simply dial *903# and send. You get a welcome message, “welcome to access money powered by airtel. Please enter 1) Registration”
2) Type 1 to choose registration.
3) Enter your first name and send
4) Enter your last name and send
5) Fill your date of birth. (ddmmyy e.g 01121954).
6) Enter your sex
7) You get a popup message asking to send 1 to confirm your registration.
7 Benefits of AccessMoney
With access money, you are able to carry out seven basic financial transactions:
- Buy airtime
2. Send money
3. Pay bill
4. Pay merchant
5. Withdraw money
7. My wallet
And that all…you thereafter get a welcome message on your airtel line,
“Dear customer, your account creation is successful with pin …for AccessMoney for normal wallet. Please change your PIN for your security.AccessMoney”
However, Access Bank Plc facebook page admin advises that you should visit any nearest branch of Access Bank branch in your area upon registration, or any mobile agents of the bank to fund your mobile money wallet.
How to change access money pin
Follow the guide below to change your access money PIN
- You can change your PIN at any time. Dial *903#
- Go to My wallet > PIN Change> Input Old PIN(****)> Enter New PIN> Confirm New PIN
For further enquiry, contact:
Call 012802500, or 0127120057-7
Limitations of AccessMoney
Mobile Banking Watch (MBW) tested the mobile money on MTN, but failed consistently, saying “try again…”
But the registration was smooth on Airtel line, MBW believes that since the mobile money is powered by Airtel, it (airtel) owns the exclusive network-provider right.
Security tips for AccessMoney Users
- Never give your PIN to a third party.
2. Since you will be using the service on your mobile phone, it is not advisable to store your accessmoney PIN on your device in case of lost or theft.
3. Promptly report a lost phone which contains your PIN to the nearest Access Bank branch(the bank isn’t a phone finder) so that the service would be blocked to bar intruder from having access to your wallet.
4. Never give your financial details to a third party claiming to be the representative of Access Bank, instead contact the customer care desk at any branch of the bank for clarification.