Quebec Skilled Worker Program’s known as Arrima was launched in August, its application portal is now open for skilled workers across the world to apply.
If that sounds strange to you, don’t worry, Arrima programme will work in a similar way as the federal Express Entry system, Quebec Immigration decree published in the Official Quebec Gazette on July 18, 2018 says.
What exactly is Canada’s Arrima Programme?
The best way to explain it is: It is Quebec Skilled Worker programme (QSWP) approved by the Canadian Immigration Office, however the new immigration programme will create an Expression of Interest Bank for candidates seeking Quebec skilled worker immigration.
This simply means that your first step before applying for Arrima programme is to create an Expression of Interest profile for your immigration to Quebec under QSWP to be a reality.
The major difference between the Arrima and the old QSWP is that it is not first come, first served as we used to know, this according to the government of Canada, will reduce the processing time for economic immigration applicants to less than a year.
That sounds great! Then check out the requirements
Requirements for Quebec Arrima Application
The requirements for the new online QSWP Arrima is as follows:
1) Be at least 18 years
2) Clean criminal record
3) Skilled workers will be given priority
5) Work experience
7) Language ability
Check the photo below for some of the factors used for the Quebec Skilled Worker Programme
How Arrima works and how to apply
1) Submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) to Quebec Ministry of Immigration, Diversity and Inclusion (MIDI).
2) Your EOI makes you enter into a pool
3) Your score becomes a determining factor to be invited to apply for a Quebec Certificate of Selection (CSQ) under the Quebec Skilled Worker Program.
Note: A profile is valid for 12-month.
4) Be patient till you’re invited because Quebec will conduct periodic draws, inviting candidates to apply for a Quebec certificate of selection (CSQ).
5) When you receive an Invitation To Apply (ITA) you will be given 90 days to submit a full application.
6) If you are approved you’ll definitely receive a nomination certificate (CSQ) and then apply for Canadian permanent residence.
While we can’t specifically say how candidates will be ranked, we do know that the expression of interest through Arrima opens more chances for you to enter Canada through the Quebec Skilled Worker Program (QSWP).
The first is to create Arrima profile and wait for further details.
All the best