The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) is one of the anti-graft agencies in Nigeria to tackle the issue of corruption. In this post we will list all the offices of EFCC in Nigeria.
It was established by the administration of former President Olusegun Obasanjoa in 2003 with Act 2004.
Some of its duties include:
- The Act establishing EFCC mandates it to combat financial and economic crimes.
- It is also empowered to investigate financial fraud
- It is empowered to to prosecute financial crimes
- EFCC can also penalise economic and financial crimes.
We’ll come up with more extensive post on the functions and activities of EFCC in Nigeria in our subsequent report.
Some of the Acts legalising the duties of EFCC as listed above include
- EFCC Act 2004
- The Money Laundering Act 1995
- The Money Laundering (Prohibition) act 2004
- The Advance Fee Fraud and Other Fraud Related Offences Act 1995
- The Failed Banks (Recovery of Debts) and Financial Malpractices in Banks Act 1994
- The Banks and other Financial Institutions Act 1991; and
- Miscellaneous Offences Act
Why will you want to contact EFCC?
- To report financial crime
- To submit a petition regarding fraud
- To whistle blow fraud
Having known why you want to contact the anti-graft agency, check below..
Where EFCC Offices are located in Nigeria
- Port Harcourt
- Akwa Ibom State
The corporate headquarters of EFCC is located at:
Plot 301/302, Institution and Research Cadastral District
To report any cases of fraud or embezzlement the office to report to is located at:
No. 5, Fomella Street, Off Adetokunbo Ademola Crescent,
The Lagos office is considered the most active office in Nigeria considering the nature of the commercial city.
No. 15A, Awolowo Road,
EFCC office in the oil-rich state of Rivers is located at:
6A Olumeni Street
Welcome to the coal city of Enugu, contact EFCC via:
Plot 106 Federal Government Collage Road,
No 2 Hajj Camp Road,
No. 4 EFCC Street,
Ibadan office of the EFCC is the second office of the commission in the South West region of Nigeria.
16 A, Reverend Oyebode Crescent,
No. 4 Wurno Road,
In the North east part of the country, EFFC office is located at:
Plot No. 80 Babashehu Lami Street,
Opposite Ekanemi College,
Tatun Wada Layout
No. 1 High Court Road,
EFCC Akwa Ibom State office:
No 3 Akparawa Crescent
Off Edet Akpan Avenue (Four Lane)
Ewet Housing, Uyo
Akwa Ibom State
You can use the above addresses to contact EFCC, but in a situation whereby the case you want to report is related to reporting one of the officials of the commission, you can report such complaints writing:
Department of Internal Affairs
No. 5, Fomella Street, Wuse II, Abuja.
Email: di [at] efccnigeria.org
EFCC Phone: +234(0)94604628
EFCC Social Media Platforms:
We all know how social media drives the information in around the World today, we’re thrilled that the anti-graft agency is active in the following social media channels:
- Twitter: twitter.com/OfficialEFCC
- Facebook: web.facebook.com/officialefcc/
- Google Plus: plus.google.com/104055263398135575077
- YouTube: https:youtube.com/user/officialefcc
- Audioboom: audioboom.com/officialefcc
In our next post, we’ll guide you on how to report fraud cases to EFCC.