- Maina bought 6 landed properties in his son’s name
- 3 properties in his wife’s name
- One in his mother’s name
- One in his late father’s name
The former Chairman of Pension Reform Task Team (PRTT), Mr Abdulrasheed Maina, may forfeit his multi-million naira properties to the Federal Government if he failed to prove that the properties were not acquired with looted funds.
This is because the case filed by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) before Justice Folashade Ogunbanjo of the Federal High Court, Abuja, has further shown that the former civil servant officer has a case to answer.
In the list of his properties tracked by the EFCC so far, it shows that Alhaji Abdulrasheed Maina bought six landed properties in his son’s name, the rest of others in family’s name.
The anti-graft agency prayed the court to allow it publish an advert on the properties in a national daily, to enable anyone who has any reason why they should not be finally forfeited to the Federal Government to come forward and prove same.
EFCC supported its motion by a 30-paragraph affidavit which it brought pursuant to Section 17 of the Money Laundering Act.
The trial judge also ordered the EFCC to return to the court on November 19, for the mentioning of the case.
See them below:
List of Abdulrasheed Maina properties bought in his son’s name
- Plot No. 965, Gwarinpa 1 District, Cadastral Zone, FCT, Abuja.
- Duplex located at No. 16A, Katuru road, Kaduna, Kaduna State.
- Plot Y12, Kano Street, Kawo New Extension, Kaduna, Kaduna State
- Farm at Dorawa, Kashi Development Area, Karu LGA, Nasarawa State
- Another Farm at Dorawa, Kashi Development Area, Karu LGA, Nasarawa State
- Plot 3A, Sambo Road, Ungunwan Rimi covered by C of O KD15452 comprising uncompleted building, located in Kaduna, Kaduna State.
List of Abdulrasheed Maina properties bought in his own name
- Property at Tola Street, Badarawa, Kaduna comprising of 3-bedrooms and undeveloped land, Kaduna, Kaduna State.
- A duplex at No. 21, 52 Crescent, Kubwa Phase IV Estate, FCT, Abuja
- Plot MF-27A, new Pasali layout, Kuje, Kuje Area Council, FCT, Abuja
- Plot 1B Ajayi road, Unguwan Rimi, covered by C of O NC24059, Kaduna, Kaduna State.
- Property at No. 62, A/C Maternity Ward, Damaturu road, Biu LGA, Borno State
- House 8, 211 road, A close, FHA/EST/264/TA/032. 3 bedrooms bungalow, FCT, Abuja- acquired in the name of a company where his relations are directors
- Property located at 16B/BG Gombe road, Biu, covered by C of O 929/88/, Biu LGA, Borno State
Acquired properties in Maina’s wife name
- 52B, SMC Quarters, Unguwan Dosa, Lot 016 comprising of 3-bedrooms semi detached bungalow, Kaduna, Kaduna State
- Block 23, flat 2 located at life camp (2 bedrooms semi detached), FCT, Abuja
- Plot of C of O Bo/426 beacon B5086, B5087, B5105, B5104, B5099 Cadastral Zone b05 Utako, FCT, Abuja
- Flat 42C, SMS Quarters, Unguwan Dosa, Kaduna, Kaduna State
- Plot 37, Kinshasa Road, Maiduguri, Borno State
- No. 16 Dabai road, off Mangoro road, Sokoto, Sokoto State
- No.13 Korau road, Nasarawa District, Kano, Kano State
- Plot 965 Cadastral zone C02, Gwarimpa, FCT, Abuja
- Plot MF19, Cadastral Zonw, Karu, Kaduna, Kaduna State- bought this property in his mother’s name
- Plot 18 Road F, Malali North East Residential Layout, Kaduna, Kaduna State- Maina acquired the property in his late father’s name in 2017.
The document that contains all the Maina’s property was signed by M.S Abubakar, the Deputy Legal Officer, Legal and Prosecution Department of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).
His trial continues on November 19, 2019, as hearing resumes.
Recall that Maina was accused of embezzling N2 billion pension fund during the regime of ex-President Goodluck Jonathan.
Maina was like Diezani Madueke, a former Petroleum Minister during the PDP’s reign who was accused of embezzling several billions of naira.
He had escaped several arrests before he was arrested in Abuja by special forces of SSS on October 1, 2019.
More revelations are expected in the days ahead as EFCC continues with its investigations.