Last Updated on
By Wednesday, November 13, 2019, the Lagos State Teachers Recruitment Portal will open officially to accept applications from hundreds of Lagos residents.
The announcement was made known by the Lagos State Teaching Service Commission (TESCOM) through the official website of the state government on Sunday.
The number of people to be recruited?
According to the state government, 1,000 secondary school teachers ould be recruited into the state’s Post Primary Teaching Service.
The state government was quoted as saying, “This is to ensure that the standard of secondary school education in the State is in tandem with the 21st century global educational standard under the present administration of the State Governor, Mr. Babajide Sanwo-Olu.”
- Applicants must possess either N.C.E, B.A. (Ed), B.Sc. (Ed), B.Ed.
- First Class Leaving Certificate
- Senior School Certificate with a minimum of 5 credits including English Language and Mathematics
- NYSC Discharge Certificate or Exemption Certificate
- Valid means of identification
- Birth certificate issued by the National Population Commission (NPC)
- TRCN licence. Teachers Registration Council of Nigeria is the regulatory agency for the teaching profession in Nigeria
- LASRRA Number. LASSRA means Lagos State Residents Registration Agency
- Evidence of Change of Name for married women
- A testimonial of good conduct from his or her last employer
- Must not be less than 18 years as at January 1, 2020.
Note that you may be required to provide your TRCN Licence. Check one of our articles on how to obtain Teachers Registration Council of Nigeria licence.
How To Apply For Lagos State TESCOM Jobs 2019
The official application portal of Lagos State TESCOM is: tescomjobs.lagosstate.gov.ng as announced by the government. However, the message in circulation states applications could be submitted through Lagos SUBEB.
So below is the application process for Lagos Teacher Recruitment:
- Step 1: Visit Lagos SUBEB official portal to sign up (https://subebjobs.lagosstate.gov.ng/Account/Register)
- Step 2: Fill the requirements: active email, create username, and password.
- Step 3: Choose the classroom teacher as your option
- Step 4: Fill in the required spaces
What you are to fill on the online form
On the Personal Information, you will be required to provide the following details about yourself.
- First Name
- Maiden Name
- Middle Name
- Date of Birth
- State of Origin
- LGA of Origin
- NYSC Year
- LASRRA No.
- LGA of Residence
Application closing date:
According to a release signed by the Executive Chairman of Lagos State Universal Basic Education Board, Hon. Wahab Alawiye-King, application for Lagos teachers recruitment closes on Monday, November 18, 2019.