Last Updated on
- Bello of APC scored 406,222 votes
- Wade scored 189,704 votes
It’s a battle of the Titans between Governor Yahaya Bello of All Progressive Congress (APC) and Engr Musa Wada of the People Democratic Party(PDP) in the 2019 governorship election in Kogi State.
INEC declares Bello of APC winner of Kogi governorship election
Governor Yahaya Bello of All Progressive Congress (APC) has been declared the winnerof Kogi State governorship election by the Independent National Electoral Commission as the winner of last Saturday’s election.
Bello scored 406,222 votes to beat his closest rival, Engineer Musa Wada of the Peoples Democratic Party, who polled 189,704 votes.
The announcement was made by the INEC Returning Officer in the state, Professor Ibrahim Umar, after getting the results of the remaining two Local Government Areas(Ibaji and Lokoja).
“Bello Yahaya Adoza, having scored the highest number of votes is hereby declared the winner and therefore returned,” the returning officer said.
In the meantime, INEC rep refused to sign the results as declared by INEC.
- Date of election: Saturday, November 16, 2019
- Major political parties: APC and PDP
- Major candidates: Yahaya Bello and Engr Musa Wada
- Umpire: Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC)
- INEC Returning Officer: Professor Ibrahim Umar
- Number of Local Governments in Kogi: 21 LGAs
See below the 2019 Governorship Election Result in Kogi State 2019 as announced INEC
Announcement of other council areas is expected to continue on Monday, November 18, 2019.
Similarly, APC is leading the PDP in results collated so far in the 2019 Bayelsa Governorship election.
We’ll keep you updated.