Close to 9,000 batch A and Batch B of N-Power beneficiaries will soon start receiving credit alerts for their five months backlogs, an aide to the minister has said.
Nneka Ikem, Special Assistant, Media & Publicity to the Hon Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development Sadiya Farouq stated this on Wednesday, April 7, 2021, on her official Twitter page.
“8900 @npower_ng Batches A and B beneficiaries have been cleared for payment of their 5 months arrears of their stipends, An sms has been sent to you”
She also stated that some of login issues have been resolved and urged the affected beneficiaries to log into nexit-fmhds.cbn.gov.ng/auth/login to join others for the next level of empowerment.”
14,200 former beneficiaries of N-Power comprising of 2016 and 2017 were affected by the backlog issues. Some of them have given up on the backlogs.
Some of them are being owed five months arrears. The minister promised that they would be paid sometime in December 2020 before promising them January 2021.
In one of our reports, we told you that FG is expected to pay the beneficiaries N2.1Billion. At a point, one of the beneficiaries alleged that the money had been looted by the officials of the NSIP.
We’ll keep you updated.