Last updated on August 14th, 2021 at 07:19 am
Apparently, Dubai is an exotic place that is filled with numerous exquisite sites and activities to carry out. If you’ve been having dreams to explore Dubai, it is not difficult to bring to pass your dreams.
In this article, we present to you an easy guide that will direct you in your attempt to apply for a Dubai visa and book a ticket.
Remember, with the right knowledge, you can save yourself from unnecessary stress attached to applying for a visa in this country.
To travel to Dubai with a Nigerian passport, you need to have a visa. Well, the process isn’t too difficult if you follow reasonable pieces of advice.
First of all, you will have to apply at the Dubai Visa Application Centre in Lagos. Of course, you can also do it online if you desire.
You should, however, note that you are meant to apply for your Dubai visa a maximum of 2 months before your date of travel. Actually, the validity of the visa is 58 days from the date of issue. We should also add it that the latest you are able to apply for a visa is 2 weeks before the date of departure.
Travellers should ensure they check their eligibility before starting the application process and submitting their application well in advance of flight departure. Once the visa is set, everything is set then.
It should be noted that this process is applicable to Nigerian passport holders.
Types of Visas
- 96-Hour Visa: The traveller is only eligible to stay in the UAE for a maximum of 96 hours. This is cool if youplan to stay for a period of less than 4 days in the country.
- 14-Day Visa (short-term visit, single entry): This non-extendable visa is valid for a 14-day stay from the date of issue.
- 30-Day Visa (short-term visit, single entry): This non-extendable visa is valid for a 30-day stay.
- 90-Day Visa: This is actually valid for 90 days and is cool if you are going to Dubai on holiday or to visit family and friends.
The 30-day tourist visa is valid for 58 days from the date of issue. We should add it that this Dubai visa is only valid for a family travelling for tourist purposes.
A traveller’s passport must be valid for at least 6 months after departing from the UAE.
While processing your visa, depending on the type of visa being applied for, you might need to wait between 2 and 8 days.
- 30-Day Visa- Costs ₦30,000
- 96-Hour Visa – Costs ₦23,000
- 14-Day Visa- Costs ₦30,000
- 90-Day Visa- Costs ₦63,000
- 90-Day Multi-Entry Long Term Visa- Costs ₦154,000
- 30-Day Multi-Entry Short Term Visa- Costs ₦61,000
Also, note that Cancellation Charge is ₦8,400
Payments are to be made at the VFS Dubai Visa Application Centre. Travellers are to obtain their electronic receipt when making their payment.
Dubai Visa Requirements
A traveller will need the following documents for all UAE visa types:
- Nigerian passport.
- Photocopies of your ID card and passport (including valid and expired visas).
- Visa application form (which must be filled out in detail (block letters) and signed by the applicant).
- A copy of a confirmed itinerary (round trip tickets). Visitors without a return ticket might be refused entry at the airport.
- Proof of health insurance.
- Proof of financial status – a copy of your recent bank statement.
If you are getting a visa for tourists, then you are expected to obtain a letter from your employer. The letter is meant to explain permission to go on leave, as well as the assurance that you will be returning to your job when you are back.
However, If you are self-employed, you simply need to include a copy of your business registration and tax documents.
If you are travelling as a visitor that is visiting a relative or friend, you should provide a letter of invitation from your host.
The letter should contain the contact information of your host, address, signature, and date; a copy of their UAE passport information page or residence permit.
Don’t forget to include a copy of the hotel reservation.
Where to Apply
Simply Dubai locates a VFS Processing Centre in Lagos:
Address: VFS Global, Manor House, Plot 110, Admiral Ayinla Way, Opposite Treasure Garden Estate, 3rd Roundabout, Lekki-Epe Expressway, Lekki Phase I, Lagos
Contact: +234 8150188800 / info@email@example.com
Operating Times: Monday to Friday: 08:00 – 15:00
How to book an appointment
When applying for a Dubai visa at VFS Global, travellers should do these:
- Fill in the application form.
- Submit all mandatory documents.
- Pay the application fee.
Don’t forget that submissions are accepted between 8 am and 3 pm, Monday to Friday.
Where to Print
- Print Centre Limited
Address: Block 68, Plot 23, Bisola Durosinmi Etti Drive, lekki Phase One, Lagos, Lekki Phase I, Lekki
Contact: +234 453 0859
Address: Igbo Efon, Lekki, 6 Baala Street, Lekki Peninsula II, Lekki
Contact: +234 818 817 1660
Please note that the information given in this article was correct at the time of publishing. It might change at any time without prior notice.
We always advise that travellers should check the embassy’s website BEFORE applying for a visa.