Last Updated on
The National Working Committee (NWC) of All Progressive Congress (APC) has released the names of governorship candidates that will be contesting under its party in 2019 General Elections.
At the time of compiling this list only 24 APC governorship aspirants were cleared and certified for next year elections in their various states.
“Following the Governorship Primaries of the All Progressives Congress (APC) held across the country, the Party’s National Working Committee (NWC) at its meeting held on Thursday, 4th October, 2018 ratified the reports of the various Electoral Committees and adopts the under-listed as Governorship candidates of the APC for the forthcoming 2019 general elections,” National Publicity Secretary of the party, Yekini Nabena, while making public the list.
The primaries across the country have been riddled by controversies, Lagos and Imo in particular.
In the the list of APC-Approved Governorship Candidates below, Imo and Zamfara states are missing because of some yet to be resolved issues.
New panel have been set up to oversee new primaries in the affected states.
APC-Approved Governorship Candidates for 2019 General Elections are:
1. ABDULLAHI UMAR GANDUJE – KANO STATE
2. MOHAMMED ABUBAKAR – BAUCHI STATE
3. SIMON LALONG – PLATEAU STATE
4. NASIR EL-RUFAI – KADUNA STATE
5. MOHAMMED BADARU ABUBAKAR – JIGAWA STATE
6. AHMED ALIYU – SOKOTO STATE
7. ABUBAKAR ATIKU BAGUDU – KEBBI STATE
8. AMINU BELLO MASARI – KATSINA STATE
9. ABUBAKAR SANI BELLO – NIGER STATE
10. BABAGANA UMARA-ZULUM – BORNO STATE
11. MAI MALA BUNI – YOBE STATE
12. ABUBAKAR A. SULE – NASARAWA STATE
13. EMMANUEL JIMME – BENUE STATE
14. BABAJIDE SANWO–OLU – LAGOS STATE
15. TONYE COLE – RIVERS STATE
16. UCHE OGAH – ABIA STATE
17. NSIMA EKERE – AKWA-IBOM STATE
18. ADEBAYO ADELABU – OYO STATE
19. DAPO ABIODUN – OGUN STATE
20. GREAT OGBORU – DELTA STATE
21. OWAN ENOH – CROSS-RIVER
22. INUWA YAHAYA – GOMBE STATE
23. SUNNY OGBOJI – EBONYI STATE
24. SANI ABUBAKAR DANLADI – TARABA STATE
This list will be updated as APC NWC resolved issues of primaries in other states before the deadline set by the electoral empire INEC.