Last Updated on
The Kingdom of Denmark is a popular sovereign state located in Europe and is a lovely country too. It is made up of Denmark itself and two other independent constituents countries (the Faroe Islands and Greenland). In this guide, we’ll show you how Nigerians can obtain Denmark visa.
Quick facts about Denmark
The state covers a total area area of 42,924 square kilometres and has a lot of opportunities available for almost everyone – which explains why many are keen on migrating to Denmark from various parts of the world.
With a population of 5.7 million, Denmark is with a sound economy and obviously has a lot to offer (business-wise, academics, tourism, and so on)
The capital of Denmark is Copenhagen and is known for landmarks like the Tivoli pleasure gardens and the “Little Mermaid” statue.
Nigerians interested in getting to Denmark with a Nigerian passport must apply and be issued a Danish visa to have access to the country.
There are a reasonable number of Nigerians currently in Denmark. Some are there for business, some are there for educational purposes, some are there to visit their friends and family, while some are simply there for sightseeing.
Irrespective of the reason you intend travelling to Denmark, it is achievable and you can see your dreams come to pass without much issues.
The core reason many Nigerians experience difficulties while applying for a visas is because they are not properly guided. Some times, some applicants simply provides incomplete information – which hinders their chances of being issued and granted a visa.
Therefore, it is necessary for you to closly check the requirements and make sure everything is intact. You should note that the issuance of visa is something very serious, and so many countries have no choice but to have a strict standard. So, do the right things, and you should get a Danish visa without much stress.
Types of Danish visa
Travellers can apply for a Danish visa depending on the purpose of their visit. The different categories are:
7. Visiting family and friends
Where To Go Apply For A Danish Visa
Here is the address, phone number and email address to the Royal Danish Consulate
Address: 121 Louis Solomon Close, P.O.Box 72554, Victoria Island, Lagos.
Phone: +234 1 262 6430, ext. 8101; Fax: +234 1 262 6428
Requirements Needed For A Danish Visa
The visa application should include the following:
• A signed and fully completed application form
• A passport or other valid travel document. The passport/travel document must be valid for at least 3 months after one’s planned departure date, and must have been issued within the past 10 years with at least two blank pages
• A recent passport photo measuring 35mm x 45mm;
• Fingerprints (please note that this presently only applies to applicants who submit their application to a diplomatic mission where the Schengen visa system has been rolled out)
• Payment of visa processing fee (typically €60);
• Relevant documentation regarding the reason for the trip
• Proof that applicant have available accommodation
• Proof that applicants have sufficient means at their disposal to cover their living expenses as well as their travel home
• Information that will allow immigration authorities to determine whether the applicant plan to leave the Schengen region when their visa expires;
• Proof that the applicant have travel insurance. The policy must be valid throughout the Schengen region for the entire visa period. Minimum coverage must be €30,000.
If you need more information on other and all types of Danish visa applications, don’t forget to visit the official website of the Danish Embassy that we highlighted up there.