As usual, some dubious Nigerians jumped on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to create a replica of the social media handles of the NextLevel cabinet members of President Muhammadu Buhari.
It isn’t new, some dubious individuals are fond of using such fake handles to dupe unsuspecting members of the society.
In this post, we’ve collated the social media accounts of Buhari’s ministers who were inaugurated on August 21, 2019, 43 of them were sworn in and unofficially President Muhammadu Buhari is the Minister of Petroleum Resources.
At the time of this report, the Minister of Humanitarian Affairs and Disaster Management, Hajia Sadiya Umar Farouq had called on the general public to disregard a twitter handle using her name. It actually looked like the original one unless one takes a critical study of the name.
“It has come to my attention that a fake Twitter account @Sadiya_farouq_ has been created in my name. I wish to inform my followers and well-meaning Nigerians to disregard the handle and any information posted on it. My official Twitter handle remains @Sadiya_farouq Thank you,” Hajia Umar Farouq said.
Social Media Accounts of Ministers in Nigeria (2019)
Below are the authentic social media accounts of Ministers serving under Buhari’s second term.
NOTE: The ones we are not sure of are not included.
- Sadiya Umar Farouq (Humanitarian Affairs): @Sadiya_farouq
- Rauf Aregbesola (Interior): @raufaregbesola
- Babatunde Fashola (Works and Housing): @tundefashola
- Sunday Dare (Youth and Sports Development): @SundayDareSD
- Festus Keyamo (Labour): @fkeyamo
- Ogbonnaya Onu (Science and Tech): @Dr_OgbonnayaOnu
- Chris Ngige (Labour): @SenChrisNgige
- Sharon Ikeazor (Environment): @sharon_ikeazor
- Geoffrey Onyeama (Foreign Affairs): @GeoffreyOnyeama
- Ali Isa Pantami (Communication): @DrIsaPantami
- Hadi Sirika (Aviation): @hadisirika
- Abubakar Malami (Justice): @MalamiSan
- Ramatu Tijjani (FCT): @DrRamatuAliyu
- Mohammed H. Abdullahi (Science and Tech): @MohdHAbdullahi
- Paulen Tallen (Women Affairs): @PaulineKTallen
- Zainab Ahmed (Finance): @ZShamsuna
We’ll keep updating as we confirm the twitter handles of other members of the Federal Executive Council.
Any other Twitter handle apart from the one listed above is FAKE.