Last Updated on
Quebec Arrima was launched in August, and its application portal was opened for skilled workers across the world to apply.
If that sounds strange to you, don’t worry, Arrima programme will work in a similar way as the federal Express Entry system, Quebec Immigration decree published in the Official Quebec Gazette on July 18, 2018 says.
In October 25, 2019, the result for September 25 draw was released, when the Quebec’s Immigration Ministry said candidates invited in the latest round were among the roughly 16,000 Quebec Skilled Worker Program (QSWP) candidates who had their original applications to the program annulled by the passage of reforms to Quebec’s Immigration Act into law on June 16, 2019.
This means that Quebec has invited 1,595 QSWP candidates with an Arrima profile since July 4.
What exactly is Quebec Arrima Programme?
It is Quebec Skilled Worker programme (QSWP) approved by the Canadian Immigration Office, however the new immigration programme will create an Expression of Interest Bank for candidates seeking Quebec skilled worker immigration.
This simply means that your first step before applying for Arrima programme is to create an Expression of Interest profile for your immigration to Quebec under QSWP to be a reality.
The major difference between the Arrima and the old QSWP is that it is not first come, first served as we used to know, this according to the government of Canada, will reduce the processing time for economic immigration applicants to less than a year.
That sounds great! Then check out the requirements
Quebec Arrima Expression of Interest Form has the following information:
- Personal information
- Knowledge of French and English
- Additional information
- Work experience
- Contact information
- Job offer validated by the Ministère, if you have one
- Family situation
- Status in Québec
Requirements for Quebec Arrima Application
The requirements for the new online QSWP Arrima is as follows:
- Be at least 18 years
- Clean criminal record
- Skilled workers will be given priority
- Work experience
- Language ability
Useful tips on Accessing Quebec Arrima Online Application
- It is advisable to use a personal computer or a tablet to access Arrima.
- Use the latest version of Google Chrome, Firefox, Opera, and Safari will
- Best operating system to access the online portal include: Windows (version 8.1 and later), Mac OS (version 10.2.4 and later), iOS (version 11 and later)
- Above all Arrima is free!
“If you choose to hire the services of a remunerated person, make sure that this person is a representative authorized by the Ministère,” writes Immigration Quebec
Check the photo below for some of the factors used for the Quebec Skilled Worker Programme
How Quebec Arrima works and how to apply
1) Submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) to Quebec Ministry of Immigration, Diversity and Inclusion (MIDI).
2) Your EOI makes you enter into a pool
3) Your score becomes a determining factor to be invited to apply for a Quebec Certificate of Selection (CSQ) under the Quebec Skilled Worker Program.
Note: A profile is valid for 12-month.
4) Be patient till you’re invited because Quebec will conduct periodic draws, inviting candidates to apply for a Quebec certificate of selection (CSQ).
5) When you receive an Invitation To Apply (ITA) you will be given 90 days to submit a full application.
6) If you are approved you’ll definitely receive a nomination certificate (CSQ) and then apply for Canadian permanent residence.
While we can’t specifically say how candidates will be ranked, we do know that the expression of interest through Arrima opens more chances for you to enter Canada through the Quebec Skilled Worker Program (QSWP).
The first is to create Arrima profile and wait for further details.
All the best